ABOUT THIS POSITION
The Motion Designer role, on the Learning Experience team, at Aceable is focused on partnering with writers, instructional designers, visual designers, and content experts to create visually diverse, engaging, and educational content for tens of thousands of users. Reporting to and working with the Creative Director, you will be expected to be highly collaborative, driven, and resourceful in a startup environment.
Aceable is a mobile education platform that focuses on creating affordable, engaging and convenient online courses available across all of your mobile devices. Built by former teachers, NASA engineers, and those passionate about education, the Austin-based team is obsessed with helping people reach life goals and milestones through online certification.
After launching its first mobile app to provide accredited driver's ed courses, Aceable expanded into real estate education and is quickly becoming one of the leading online real estate schools in the U.S. To date, Aceable touts more than 20 million students and counting. The team is proud of the hundred thousand plus students we're adding to the Aceable family per month. We're only getting started and we need your help to get us to our vision of millions of students per month.
Winner of the Austin Chamber of Commerce’s Austin A-List for the Hottest Growing Startup in 2017 and awarded as one of the Best Places to Work in Austin for multiple years running by numerous entities, such as the Austin Business Journal, BuiltInAustin, and EqualOcean. Aceable fosters a creative, collaborative, and diverse culture whose overall mission is to impact as many student-lives as possible.
ABOUT THE LEARNING EXPERIENCE TEAM
Our Learning Experience team is a lively crew of instructional designers, writers, graphic designers, video producers, and a data analyst with a shared mission: we make high-stakes, regulated education approachable and engaging, and we care obsessively about our results. In close collaboration with the product team, we strive to create effective, user-centric online courses. We learn fast, pivot quickly, and create products to drive the best outcomes for the largest number of students.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Draft, storyboard, sketch, design, and produce original motion assets for use in online courses that align with brand voice, tone, and style guidelines as well as learning objectives
- Partner with instructional designers to identify new opportunities to enhance the course design through motion executions
- Plan and execute our learning experience motion content (GIFs, original animated assets, Vyond animated videos)
- Work between entirely custom motion projects (utilizing Adobe Animate, After Effects, or other software) and a SaaS animation solution (Vyond Studio) as needed
- Collaborate with writers / content team on scripts, voice overs, and other audio recordings that will be used in final course materials, and facilitate audio recording sessions
- Define, style, create, and expand libraries of branded artwork that can be leveraged in future assets
- Manage and maintain project files, making sure they are properly saved, backed-up, and stored in an easily accessible manner
- Learn and work with Aceable’s proprietary course management tools to upload, deploy, and manage assets
- Look for and identify opportunities to create great work efficiently, effectively, with an eye towards scalability over time.
- Participate in initiatives that will improve student-experience within our courses (ex. Improving how math is taught, or clarifying a difficult concept through visual aids)
- Demonstrate a commitment to ongoing learning and skills development, and help the entire team grow by sharing helpful tips and tricks
- Manage external talent/vendor relationships as needed as related to project or initiative work
- Live the Aceable values as you work closely and collaboratively with the learning experience team on standards and workflow improvements
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- Bachelor of Arts / Technology focusing in Graphic Design, Visual Communication, Animation, or equivalent industry experience
- 3+ years of motion design experience in a consumer and/or student-facing industry
- Online reel or portfolio of recent and relevant work
- A solid set of graphic design fundamentals (Typography, Color, Layout, Balance, Composition, etc.) as well as strong problem-solving skills
- Highly collaborative mindset when working closely with fellow designers, writers, project managers, and instructional designers.
- The ability to communicate ideas and plans through storyboards, scripts, and production documentation
- The ability to propose a variety of solutions to given design problems. Outline and explain varied levels of resource intensity and bandwidth requirements for solutions.
- Experience creating and tailoring content for a variety of channels (Youtube, Social, In-App Content)
- Strong organizational skills applied to file naming conventions, archival and backup of project related files
- Learn to use hosting services like AWS to upload, manage, and place assets within our courses
- Expertise and working knowledge of animation and motion design tools, and the desire to learn new tools or techniques as needed (Animate, After Effects, Vyond, etc.)
- Ability to manage production schedules, timelines, and set expectations with stakeholders as we work together in a constantly changing environment
- Join one of Austin's Best Places to Work in 2020
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Generous time off programs
- Flexible work schedule
- Passionate, high-achieving teammates excited to help you succeed and learn
- Our own space on the top floor of a downtown building
- A team meal every week
- Fully stocked drink fridges and snacks + cold brew coffee on tap
- Beer and wine onsite
- Company events & activities (Holiday events, happy hours, quarterly volunteering)
- Free parking spot downtown in our garage 24/7 or a monthly transportation stipend
- Education stipend ($500/year/employee)
At Aceable we celebrate and support all differences. Aceable is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital, disability, and veteran status.