Motion Designer at Aceable
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Motion Designer is focused on creating engaging, high -quality visual assets that help to tell our story across the entire customer journey. This role will touch all aspects of our marketing efforts, from designing eye-catching visuals for our website to making impactful motion graphics for our social media campaigns. The ideal candidate is highly collaborative, driven, and resourceful in a startup environment.
Aceable is a mobile education platform that focuses on creating affordable, engaging, and convenient online courses available across all of your mobile devices. Built by former teachers, NASA engineers, and those passionate about education, the Austin-based team is obsessed with helping people reach life goals and milestones through online certification.
After launching its first mobile app to provide accredited driver's ed courses, Aceable expanded into real estate education and is quickly becoming one of the leading online real estate schools in the U.S. To date, Aceable touts more than 20 million students and counting. The team is proud of the hundred thousand plus students we're adding to the Aceable family per month. We're only getting started and we need your help to get us to our vision of millions of students per month.
Aceable was named winner of the Austin Chamber of Commerce’s Austin A-List for the Hottest Growing Startup in 2017 and awarded as one of the Best Places to Work in Austin for multiple years running by numerous entities, such as the Austin Business Journal, BuiltInAustin, and EqualOcean. Aceable fosters a creative, collaborative, and diverse culture whose overall mission is to impact as many student-lives as possible.
OUR MARKETING TEAM
The Aceable Marketing Team is a talented group of digital and performance marketers with expertise in search, revenue optimization, marketing analytics and product marketing. We are data driven, collaborative and love being a major contributor to the growth of Aceable. We live by our Aceable core values, and are a positive, humble, and supportive team.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Collaborate cross functionally to design and produce original static and motion designs that align with brand voice, tone, and style guidelines
- Create assets for social media and email campaigns to be tested for performance and respond to our learnings with new creative executions
- Work between custom motion projects (utilizing After Effects, or other software) and static visual assets (Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator) as needed
- Help to define, style, create, and expand libraries of branded artwork that can be leveraged in future assets
- Manage and maintain project files, making sure they are properly saved, backed-up, and stored in an easily accessible manner
- Look for and identify opportunities to create great work efficiently, effectively, with an eye towards scalability over time
- Partner with our UX designers to identify new opportunities to enhance our website through the use of illustration or motion executions
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 2+ years of visual design and motion experience
- Online reel or portfolio of recent and relevant work
- A solid set of graphic design fundamentals (including typography, color, layout, balance, composition, etc.)and a working knowledge of graphic design and motion design tools (such as Photoshop, Illustrator, After Affects, etc.)
- Highly collaborative mindset when working closely with fellow designers, writers, and project managers
- Experience communicating ideas and plans through storyboards, scripts, and production documentation
- Creative problem solver with the ability to propose a variety of solutions to given design problems, including the resource intensity/bandwidth requirements for each possible solution.
- Experience creating and tailoring content for a variety of channels (Youtube, Social, Web Content)
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage production schedules, timelines, and set expectations with stakeholders.
- Experience or interest in testing performance to improve metrics like click through rate and conversion rate
- Experience with Premiere Pro
- Join one of Austin's Best Places to Work in 2021
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Generous time off programs
- Flexible work schedule
- Passionate, high-achieving teammates excited to help you succeed and learn
- Our own space on the top floor of a downtown building
- A team meal every week
- Fully stocked drink fridges and snacks + cold brew coffee on tap
- Company events & activities (Holiday events, happy hours, quarterly volunteering)
- Free parking spot downtown in our garage 24/7 or a monthly transportation stipend
- Education stipend ($500/year/employee)
- NOTE: Our team is currently remote due to Covid-19 and we have some awesome virtual perks that come with it (trivia, karaoke, bingo, happy hours, lunch & learns, and more)
At Aceable we celebrate and support all differences. Aceable is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital, disability, and veteran status.