At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to tackle the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. The Elastic family unites employees across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
The Observability team is in charge of developing solutions that focus on application developers and engineers that run infrastructure and services supporting these applications. Elasticsearch is an efficient datastore for logs, metrics, and application traces, supporting the three pillars of observability. Our team builds and maintains solutions that make getting insights from this data turnkey and efficient, such as our APM, Metrics, Logs and Uptime solutions. When developing these solutions, we think about the problem end-to-end: how do we automatically collect data from common data sources, how to store it efficiently in Elasticsearch, how to present this information to the user, what actions do we take on the insights from the data? All of these aspects are important in bringing a turnkey solution to the market.
As a product designer within our team, you’ll be designing the individual product user interfaces, as well as the holistic experience of navigating seamlessly between all of the observability applications. Users will frequently need to jump from one data source, like APM data, to another (like logs), in order to effectively debug a performance issue, and your job is in part to ensure that the experience is simple, intuitive, and consistent throughout.
Are you a top Product Designer who wants to build sophisticated observability solutions that are simple to use? We want to meet you.You would be working on
- Provide product designs, prototypes and UX flows for the Observability team.
- Collaborate with engineers, product designers, and product managers to ensure high-quality implementation and user experience.
- Maintain our Figma/EUI library and keep parity once your designs are coded.
- Provide design recommendations and support through code review for a large team.
- 5+ years of design experience working on complicated web applications or SaaS products.
- Experience with Figma or similar, specifically in the context of developing a design system.
- Facility with thinking in terms of systems, marked by an ability to make design decisions that scale and result in reusable patterns, palettes, and components.
- Considers how low-level design decisions affect the big picture and the future evolution of the UX.
- A positive demeanour and a matching dedication to innovate
- The ability to code your designs in HTML and Sass or a similar preprocessor.
- General terminal and git/GitHub skills.
- Familiarity with JS frameworks like React or Angular.
- Some understanding of DevOps, developer tools and basic infrastructure.
- Experience building accessible designs.
- Experience in user research and testing
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our employees is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.#li-wn1