What you’ll be called: Principal Designer (Consumer)
Where you’ll work: KWRI Headquarters—Austin, TX
Named Happiest Company to Work for in 2018; one of the Best Places to Work in Austin, TX;
and featured on the Training Magazine Training 125 list seven times, Keller Williams Realty International (KWRI) thrives within a creative and collaborative culture where transforming the real estate industry through technology is our primary goal.
KW Technology is the foremost provider of real estate solutions, offering the most comprehensive end-to-end portfolio of products, services and training in the industry. At KWRI, we believe design is as much about behavior and emotion as it is about utility and ease, and our Design Team is pushing the limits of mobile and interactive design.
What you’ll do:
As a Principal Designer you'll, drive design vision for next generation consumer experiences. You will partner with product managers, developers, UI-visual designers and third-parties to design human-centered real estate experiences that meet the evolving needs of consumers. You will create multiple concepts, rapidly iterate and use creative storytelling techniques to inspire teams around you.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive future design vision across multiple consumer facing products.
- Conceive, propose and sell new ideas, strategies and concepts, as well as guide those projects to completion.
- Articulate complex visions through simple, elegant designs.
- Engage with users, learn quickly, fail fast and forward through rapid iterative prototyping.
- Deliver compelling UX visions, UI specifications, wireframes and prototypes.
- Collaborate effectively with other designers, product managers and technical teams.
- Solicit feedback and contribute constructively to design reviews.
- Advance a point of view, backed up by expertise, design rationale, user data and industry trends.
- Participate in consumer research and apply insights to generate award winning designs.
- Work on multiple projects at one time, using strong communication skills to manage time and expectations appropriately.
- BA/BS degree in Design (graphic, interaction, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 12 of more years of design experience.
- A portfolio that demonstrates a range of solutions with a full grasp of product process from concept to delivery.
- Experience leading a design team and evolving the design process in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with high production standards.
- Experience creating models and UI frameworks leveraging quantifiable, trackable metrics.
- Familiarity with Agile development process (comfortable with rapid iteration cycles).
- Strong background in interactive as well as visual design.
- Ability to create prototypes quickly using Sketch, Invision, HTML/CSS/JS.
- Ability to communicate product vision and implement feedback into their work.
- Familiarity with design techniques and methodologies.
- Prior experience working with outside vendors.
Who are we?
Austin, Texas-based Keller Williams, the world's largest real estate franchise by agent count, has more than 1,000 offices and 180,000 associates. The franchise is also No. 1 in units and sales volume in the United States. In 2015, Keller Williams began its evolution into a technology company, now building the real estate platform that agents' buyers and sellers prefer. Since 1983, the company has cultivated an agent-centric, technology-driven and education-based culture that rewards agents as stakeholders.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We're driving growth and innovation at the global headquarters
of the world's largest real estate franchise company!
When you join KWRI, you join a diverse team of passionate professionals who are redefining the global real estate industry. We support and innovate on behalf of over 170,000 Keller Williams real estate professionals worldwide.
We are writers, coaches, developers, designers, accountants, filmmakers, planners, lawyers and philanthropists. Each of us are trailblazers with the incredible opportunity to make a meaningful difference in the direction of this fast-growing company.