Principal UX Designer at ScaleFactor
Voted one of Austin’s best places to work three years in a row, ScaleFactor is on a mission to empower business owners. We believe (and are not alone) that SMBs are the backbone of the economy. Further, we believe that SMBs shouldn’t need to fend for themselves when it comes to their accounting and finance solutions. We work hard to simplify a very complex and intimidating aspect of their business to provide accurate, timely, and helpful insights to power their financial decision making.
The Product & Design team is looking for a Principal UX Designer to join them in transforming our customers’ digital experience. We are on a mission to build a world-class SaaS product while driving exceptional results for our users who we segment into two key stakeholders:
The Business Owner: the heroes of SMBs who work countless hours to build their dreams
The Internal User: the supporting teams that work to deliver an experience worthy of our customersWhat Would It Be Like?
You are a passionate designer who loves creating rich, dynamic user experiences that scale across multiple products, platforms, and scenarios. Your tight-knit team can depend on you to stay up-to-date on the latest developments in design. The idea of working on complex problems to make them simple and intuitive for your users gets you out of bed in the morning. You are guided by data and business needs to bring your ideas to reality.Your Responsibilities Will Vary But Certainly Include:
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with engineers, product managers, designers, researchers, and writers to conceptualize, prototype, test, iterate, and build end-to-end experiences
- Translating user problems and principles into detailed solutions
- Prioritizing and managing multiple projects in an agile environment
- Designing native and web mobile experiences
- Establish the UX process and standards across the Product & Design team.
- Directly impact how the product functions
- Be entrusted with enormous freedom and autonomy while being mindful of the great responsibility that comes along with it
- 5 - 10 years experience in UX design
- Education (formal or informal) in design, UX, HCI, cognitive psychology, or a related field
- Knowledge of Sketch, Invision, Zeplin, and Jira
- A solid web portfolio
- Worked in developing a new-to-market product or service
- Experience in mobile design
- To work alongside the best and brightest in the industry
- To work in our industrious new office is located in East Austin, next to friendly neighborhood spots like Austin Bouldering Project, Friends and Allies, and Sa-Tén
- Health, dental, life, and vision insurance
- Flexible hours and optional work offsite days
- Unlimited PTO