Product Designer II at Bestow
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:26 a.m. (CST) on Monday, January 20, 2020
Who We Are
Bestow is a digital life insurance company built on full stack technology and AI. In a world in need of greater financial resilience and protection, Bestow democratizes access to smart financial products and powers some of the world’s leading consumer platforms. We are reimagining and rebuilding a 400-year-old, $7 trillion industry to create a brighter future for millions of families. And we’re just getting started.
The Bestow team is a diverse band of first principles thinkers on a mission to do good. We’re fortunate to be backed by leading investors and partners including Valar Ventures, NEA, 8VC and MunichRe.
Our ideal Product Designer is a relentless problem-solver who has a passion for innovation, is obsessed with understanding people and what motivates them, and always strives to create compelling digital product experiences.
We want a self-motivated, multi-talented, passionate design thinker to join our creative team. Ultimately, cultural fit and creative problem solving are extremely important. We are looking for a team player who will approach this role with creativity, humility, and empathy.
What You'll Do
- Advocate a human-centered design approach in every aspect of user experience on all our products.
- Transition high-fidelity screen designs into an animation or prototyping tool to test features with users and developers.
- Create schematics, wireframes, and design documentation needed for new product features.
- User testing and user research.
- Confidently communicate and present design concepts, design rationale and the specifics of proposed solutions.
- Develop and maintain our design system.
- Be a trusted design partner amongst bright peers of product managers and engineers who will look to you to guide them in creating harmonious user experiences and design.
A Little About You:
- 1-4 years of industry experience in digital product design or a degree in HCD (human-centered design) or user experience design.
- Ability to design projects across the entire product lifecycle and multiple product launches.
- Ability to define problems & goals, map user flows, prototype interactions, and oversee the building process across different client platforms.
- A deep understanding of customer problems to create elegant but practical solutions.
- Thorough knowledge and experience across a range of design approaches, methodologies, and lo-fi & high-fi prototyping skills.
- Proficiency in prototyping and design software including Sketch, inVision, and Adobe CC tools.
- Initiative to identify problems and act on opportunities to improve the product offering.
- Strong visual and interaction design abilities with experience designing for responsive web and native mobile experience.
- Strong written & verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Strong collaboration skills across disciplines to drive change into products.
- Ability to manage and work on multiple projects concurrently.
- Deep empathy for customers and processes for gaining it.
- Bonus Points: Experience with design research and a working knowledge of front-end development.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bestow does not currently sponsor applicants for work visas.
Read Full Job Description