Product Designer II
Who We Are
First thing you need to know; Bestow is not your typical insurance company. We’ve completely reimagined industry assumptions, and harnessed technology and big data to create life insurance products that aren’t just delightful to use but deliver on our mission: to make financial products accessible to more people than ever before.
Check us out at hellobestow.com
Who We’re Looking For
“Innovative” and “disruptive” can be overused words. But at Bestow, it isn’t jargon, it’s an everyday rally cry. We are rewriting the rules of the 400-year-old, $7 trillion life insurance industry, serving communities who have been underserved in the past, and we believe the future is a bright one.
So, if you’re excited by the idea of being a part of a well funded startup, working at a mission-driven company and fundamentally shaking up an age-old industry, please read on.
Our ideal Product Designer is a relentless problem-solver who has a passion for innovation, is obsessed with understanding people and what motivates them, and always strives to create compelling digital product experiences.
We want a self-motivated, multi-talented, passionate design thinker to join our creative team. Ultimately, cultural fit and creative problem solving are extremely important. We are looking for a team player who will approach this role with creativity, humility, and empathy.
What You'll Do
- Advocate a human-centered design approach in every aspect of user experience on all our products.
- Transition high-fidelity screen designs into an animation or prototyping tool to test features with users and developers.
- Create schematics, wireframes, and design documentation needed for new product features.
- User testing and user research.
- Confidently communicate and present design concepts, design rationale and the specifics of proposed solutions.
- Develop and maintain our design system.
- Be a trusted design partner amongst bright peers of product managers and engineers who will look to you to guide them in creating harmonious user experiences and design.
What You'll Need
- 1-4 years of industry experience in digital product design or a degree in HCD (human-centered design) or user experience design.
- Ability to design projects across the entire product lifecycle and multiple product launches.
- Ability to define problems & goals, map user flows, prototype interactions, and oversee the building process across different client platforms.
- A deep understanding of customer problems to create elegant but practical solutions.
- Thorough knowledge and experience across a range of design approaches, methodologies, and lo-fi & high-fi prototyping skills.
- Proficiency in prototyping and design software including Sketch, inVision, and Adobe CC tools.
- Initiative to identify problems and act on opportunities to improve the product offering.
- Strong visual and interaction design abilities with experience designing for responsive web and native mobile experience.
- Strong written & verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Strong collaboration skills across disciplines to drive change into products.
- Ability to manage and work on multiple projects concurrently.
- Deep empathy for customers and processes for gaining it.
- Bonus Points: Experience with design research and a working knowledge of front-end development.
What We Can Offer To You
- Competitive salary
- Generous PTO
- Flexible schedule and work/life balance
- 100% company-paid health, dental, and vision insurance
- Choose your own computer setup (Mac or PC)
- Office snacks and weekly team lunches
- Team building events and activities
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bestow does not currently sponsor applicants for work visas.
Read Full Job Description