BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
As a leading open SaaS solution, BigCommerce provides merchants with sophisticated enterprise-grade functionality, customization, and performance with simplicity and ease-of-use. Tens of thousands B2B and B2C companies across 120 countries and numerous industries use BigCommerce to create alluring, engaging online stores, including Ben & Jerry’s, Skullcandy, Sony, and Woolrich. Headquartered in Austin, BigCommerce has offices in San Francisco, Sydney, and London.
Our mission is to power unrivaled ecommerce success at every stage of our customers’ growth. We equip growing businesses with the world’s most effective platform for creating appealing stores, attracting customers wherever they shop, and generating sales. Online businesses using BigCommerce can outsell and outperform those on other platforms.
About the role
Product designers at BigCommerce are members of the entire product development process, from concept to launch. They work closely with product managers, UX researchers, and engineers to build end to end solutions by identifying the customer problem, iterating on solutions, and shipping finished products. Product Designers have the ability to shape products you work on, while being able to learn from and collaborate with a team of top-notch designers.
At BigCommerce, we are building an ecosystem so our merchants can easily integrate with a variety of third-party channels that let them sell their products anywhere. You will cultivate an understanding of customer problems and craft experiences that will enable our merchants and their businesses to flourish and succeed. You will have a unique opportunity to work on products that will enhance the BC ecosystem and greatly impact our merchants' businesses.
Who you are:
You are anxious to solve complex problems, and work enthusiastically to come up with elegant solutions that are familiar and promote ease of use. You have no qualms expressing your ideas in marker or mockup, to facilitate conversations with product managers, engineers and partners, along with gaining understanding from your target users. You explore widely, but aim towards consensus, seeking out feedback from stakeholders and users, taking it as a set of signals that present you with an opportunity to always iterate and improve your designs and the way you work.
- Collaborative. You understand that solving problems for our users is a team sport.
- A systems problem solver. You understand how to define guidelines with both the structure and flexibility needed to make all functional areas of the product desirable and usable.
- Dedicated. You have superior organizational skills, integrity and great follow through on tasks. You don't get overwhelmed easily.
- Naturally curious. You have a desire to learn about technology, design, ecommerce, your users, basically anything that will make you a better designer.
- Pragmatic. You appreciate the latest design trends but can easily filter out what is and isn’t useful to your audience. You can look at your design solution and figure out what is integral to the experience and what are ‘bells and whistles’.
- User-centered. You care deeply about your users and take extra steps to ensure your designs are addressing their problems, down to the last pixel.
- Motivated. You're innovative, creative and constantly looking for ways to tweak and optimize to make things better.
- Fun! You're flexible, confident, and excited to help build something amazing.
- A utility player. You're willing to help out wherever needed.
Skills & Abilities:
- 2-4 years proven experience working as a product designer on a product team shipping successful products
- Demonstrated execution of end-to-end design process from discovery to delivery, with a portfolio showcasing visual design, information architecture, user experience, and interaction design
- Experience delivering large-scale, integrated solutions for SaaS or large scale / complex enterprise applications is ideal
- Ability to multitask, working on several projects at once with careful attention to detail.
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills
- Experience using analytical tools like Google Analytics, Fullstory or other event tracking tools
- Proficiency designing and prototyping in tools like Figma
- Demonstrated experience working in a Scrum or Agile framework
- Have a strong desire to design elegant solutions for complex systems
- Ecommerce experience is ideal, but not required
- Degree in Human Computer Interaction, Information Design, Communication Design, or a related design or behavioral science field, or equivalent experience
What's in it for you
- Design solutions that will be used by thousands of partners and will benefit hundreds of thousands of users
- Collaborate with local and international teams