Product Designer- Unify Platform at Living Security
Founded in 2017, Living Security’s mission is to help prevent cybersecurity breaches with a human risk management solution that does more than meet compliance needs, it also truly changes behavior. Living Security believes empowering people is the key to ending cybersecurity breaches, picking up where traditional security awareness training drops off. Gamified learning and immersive experiences engage and educate users, while the science-backed, tech-enabled platform uniquely provides CISOs the ability to measure training efficacy and program ROI.
Named one of Austin’s Best Places to Work, the Living Security team is composed of 50+ cybersecurity professionals committed to transforming security awareness training as we know it and turning end users into the enterprise’s greatest asset against cybercrime. Living Security is trusted by security-minded organizations like CVS Health, MasterCard, Verizon, MassMutual, Biogen, AmerisourceBergen, Hewlett Packard, JP Morgan, and Target. Learn more at www.livingsecurity.com.
While we take our mission seriously, we have a lot of fun while executing!Job Description
OUR DREAM CANDIDATE has the hunger to achieve something great. You'll join a startup experiencing rapid growth near the start of it all. You'll get as much out of the experience as you put into it. We want someone who will do whatever it takes - not just to help Living Security fix security awareness, but because you are in a hurry to have an impact.
In this role you will own and drive the overall roadmap and deliverables for the Design System, Design Tooling, and Design Governance programs and empower the design team to create world-class designs and operational efficiencies by promoting design thinking and implementing conducive processes. You will work within one or more agile teams - a product manager, a designer, and engineers - executing on the delivery of crucial features.
What You’ll Do
- Refine the discipline of design within the organization through mentoring, outreach, collaboration, and exemplary practices. Facilitate design playbacks and feedback sessions
- Lead design strategy and thought leadership discussions
- Facilitate stakeholder meetings and internal team meetings
- Foster trust between design, product, and engineering teams
- Extract meaningful user experience insights from application telemetry. Advocate for design changes that will improve metrics
- Establish empathy within the organization for customers and users. Understand their problems and challenges in order to design user experiences that drive engagement and increase retention
- Lead workshops and design sprints and prototype ideas at various levels of fidelity and test them with representative users so you can iterate towards excellence
- Communicate your designs and their underlying rationale clearly to clients and other team members through artifacts including site maps, journey maps, storyboards, user interface designs, information architecture diagrams, interaction models, and usability test reports. Support these design decisions with data, user research, and industry standards
You're the perfect candidate if you obsessively advocate on the users' behalf and have a clear understanding of their goals and how they align or conflict with business goals and technical constraints. You bring deep experience in all areas of product design - interaction design, visual design, and user research and also demonstrate thought leadership within organizations and impact and eminence within the design community.
- 7+ years of experience in software UI design creating artifacts including low- through high-fidelity mockups, interactive prototypes, and journey maps
- 5+ years of experience designing the software UI of enterprise-level B2B or B2C applications that support users who are performing complex, technical tasks including software-as-a-service
- 5+ years experience as an embedded designer within cross-functional agile teams consisting of product managers and engineers
- 2+ years experience in planning, conducting, or participating in UX generative and evaluative research to discover user needs, define workflows and use cases, and iteratively refine prototypes
- Representative research activities include contextual inquiry, semi-structured interviews, and scenario-based usability testing
- Owner of an online portfolio that represents your (non-confidential) latest and greatest work including an example of a product design flow with a high level of craftsmanship
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Mastery of prototyping and design tools such as Sketch and Figma
- Holder of a degree or certification in design, human-computer interaction, human factors/ergonomics, software engineering, or experimental or cognitive psychology; or have equivalent experience in product design and user experience principles and methods
Perks of Living Security:
- Open, inclusive, and fun environment
- Benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, short and long term disability, life insurance, 401(k), HSA with employer contribution, FSA
- Financial Wellness Program/Financial Advisor
- Competitive salary plus stock options
- Responsible unlimited PTO policy and paid holidays
- Gender-neutral parental leave
- Some work remote and flex-time options
- Opportunity to be a part of a company that is revolutionizing the cybersecurity industry
- Growth opportunities throughout the company
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.