Kazoo is the only all-in-one people management solution in the market that takes recognition, engagement, and performance and delivers them in one powerful platform. Through its Recognition & Rewards, Performance Management, and Surveys offerings, Kazoo is an award-winning, employee-first solution that increases productivity, retention, and revenue, and enables companies to build a purpose-driven culture of high engagement and high performance. With over 500 global customers, the Kazoo platform puts actionable analytics in the hands of business leaders, connecting them to what really matters. Kazoo is when work is working.
Our approach is employee-driven, not top-down. We built our platform, and our company, with a promise to give employees what they need to deeply engage in their work and with their colleagues, and to drive results for the company. Our focus is on building teams, cross-functional collaboration, and purposeful perks. We practice transparency, provide a culture of continuous feedback, and promote regular service to our community.
Overview of the role:
We’re looking for a Product Designer who’s passionate about collaborating to solve complex problems and building experiences users love. Our ideal candidate is a creative UX thinker with a passion for understanding user needs and also has the ability to execute elegant interfaces to pixel perfection.
What awesome stuff you'll do:
- Execute wireframes, user flows, presentations, prototypes, diagrams, and high-fidelity visual designs
- Solicit feedback from your peers, internal stakeholders, and customers to improve your designs
- Use standard research methodologies to understand user needs and motivations
- Help build and refine our design language system
- Break down complex problems into design solutions
- Work cross-functionally with product, engineering, and other stakeholders to define the design vision and implement seamless user interactions
- Collaborate with product and engineering leadership to define a roadmap
What you'll need to be successful:
- 5+ years of experience creating, maintaining, and working on application style guides for Saas products
- A strong portfolio of work that demonstrates user-centered design principles and visual design experience
- Well grounded in best practices for typography, color theory, and accessibility
- Experience designing for both mobile and web environments
- Expert knowledge of design tools, we are in Sketch now and migrating to Figma
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience collaborating with product managers and engineers to solve problems
- Skilled at effectively communicating design ideas
- A shared passion for our mission to make employees’ lives better
Bonus points for:
- Degree in Design or related field
- Content strategy experience
- Motion design skills
- HTML/CSS coding abilities
When you work at Kazoo, we provide competitive benefits to make your life better both in and out of the office, which include: health, dental and vision insurance; open vacation policy; flexible wfh policy; 11 paid holidays; 401k program; Stocked kitchen; Mac Laptop; Transportation/Parking Stipend; Generous Parental Leave; Fertility benefits; Breast milk delivery; EAP & more!
At Kazoo, diversity and inclusion are fundamental to how we grow and operate our business. We’re building a diverse workforce that cultivates and supports all individuals. We believe a culture of equality creates a stronger work environment for all employees and that we are all accountable for encouraging and celebrating diverse voices. Kazoo commits to promote and recognize principles of fairness, equity, and social justice in relation to, and across, intersections of race, age, color, disability, faith, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, social class, economic class, ethnicity, gender identity, gender expression, and all other identities represented among our diverse membership.
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Kazoo is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.