RigUp is changing the way work is done in the energy industry. Each one of our teams exists to move us closer to our north star -- “to empower the people who power the world.” The Product & Design team at RigUp is building a platform of products and services to better serve the evolving needs of the people working in energy. Our growing platform enables our customers to do what they do best, with greater efficiency, less complexity and lower costs, while maintaining the highest safety and environmental standards.
RigUp is hiring a Product Designer that will be responsible for defining user problems and designing solutions collaboratively within a product team. This individual must have experience as a product designer responsible for UX and UI in a complex product or industry. RigUp is constantly coming up with new product ideas and is looking for a designer to work collaboratively with other product designers, key business stakeholders, product managers and developers to bring these ideas to life. Our ideal candidate for this role will be someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment, is motivated by challenging problems and constraints, and is passionate about data-driven design.
** Must submit a portfolio to be considered
What you'll be doing:
- Collaborate with team to define and understand the problem space by gathering foundational knowledge and facilitating necessary research
- Understand and advocate for user
- Translate complex user and business needs into simple solutions
- Provide compelling and UX/UI designs to solve for needs
- Collaborate with devs to ensure that designs are feasible
- Advocate for quality by upholding design best practices and participating in design QA of your feature work
- Work within and contribute to our design system
What you should have:
- Ability to design across the entire product lifecycle
- Understanding of basic visual design principles
- Team player, able to communicate effectively with different types of people and roles
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Passionate about solving for the end-user
- Thrives in fast-paced, largely autonomous environment
- Eager to solve problems in the energy industry
- Flexible PTO policy
- 401k Program with 4% match
- Fully paid employee health insurance for employee
- Daily catered meals
- Competitive commuter benefits
- Open office space in the heart of downtown Austin
- Career development opportunities + partial reimbursement for ongoing education
- $2,000 vacation stipend on your 3 year anniversary
RigUp is a technology company that's building a platform to better support the energy workforce. Through the industry’s largest marketplace, we’re improving the lives of contractors and helping service providers and operators find the people who will get the job done. Headquartered in Austin, TX, and backed by a16z, Founder’s Fund, Quantum Energy Partners, and Silicon Valley Bank, we’ve raised $423.8 Million in funding to support our mission to change the way work is done in the energy field.
Our goal is to make RigUp an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Read Full Job Description