Shipwell is fundamentally changing the shipping and logistics industry by building a connected platform that provides solutions for your entire supply chain. We are streamlining the way shippers, 3PLs, and carriers have operated for decades using ground-breaking technology to provide automation and workflow solutions in an established industry that comprises over 5% GDP. Shipwell created the first truly connected digital supply chain platform that provides real-time connectivity, visibility, automation, and bullet-proof APIs. We are a Series B startup that is backed by world-class investors, such as First Round Capital, Fifth Wall, and Georgian Partners.Our Culture
Shipwell is a fast-paced, high-energy start-up that strives to build the future of shipping every day. Diversity of thought and cross-department collaboration is very important to us. We deliver open, honest, careful communication and work as hard as we play. We create & deliver solutions that are revolutionizing the industry, which brings excitement and purpose to our work. If you are looking for a place that will help you tap into your best work-self and give you hands-on experience building something big, then we invite you to come and build the future of shipping with us!Product Designer
If you have a passion for solving complex problems through designing elegant and intuitive product experiences and designs, a desire to transform a complex industry and an intense interest in identifying a better way of doing things - this might be the perfect role for you. The Product Designer role provides you with a unique opportunity to join a high growth,software company as we pivot into a record-breaking 3rd year. Shipwell is laying the foundation on which our industry will be reinvented; we’re looking for individuals who want to part of a significant change. Ideas come from being an innovator and an amplifier, that strives to achieve more, for themselves and to enable greatness in others.What you'll do when you get here:
- From day one, you’ll leverage your extensive knowledge of product user experience and visual design principles to solve ambiguous problems and design clear, intuitive, and delightful user experiences and interfaces.
- Work closely with product management, engineers, other designers and data scientists to truly understand and break down problems, and design and refine clear user-facing product workflows, experiences, and interfaces.
- Lead design research with customers - testing product prototypes and concepts early and often to deliver products and features that make sense.
- Get to know customers and users intimately - understanding that empathy for their problems and challenges is the only way to design successful products.
- Design for desktop, mobile and mobile app environments to ensure a consistent end to end user experience across platforms, audiences and contexts.
- Deliver polished visual designs for responsive web and mobile apps that are obvious, elegant, and delightful.
- Maintain a balance between perfection and speed.
- Build and leverage a comprehensive design system of repurposable patterns and components.
- Push boundaries. Challenge conventional wisdom. Never settle for the status quo.
- Be passionate about our product, and the role of design in making it successful.
- 3+ years of professional work in product design and UX/UI design
- A strong instinct and eye for design and user UX
- Ability to design projects across the entire product lifecycle and for both web and mobile functionality
- An exceptional online portfolio that demonstrates your design thinking and problem solving as well as visual design skills
- Confidence to ask tough questions and take ownership in pushing product boundaries with the intention of always improving the product
- An intense curiosity for understanding our customers and thinking through their problems
- Creative problem-solving expertise with an ability to scrutinize problems and identify non-obvious solutions rather than accepting surface level answers
- Experience working alongside designers, product managers, engineering and leadership in a highly collaborative environment
- Corporate headquarters in sunny Austin, TX
- Incredible growth opportunity at one of the fastest growing companies in Austin
- The kitchen is fully stocked with local coffee, drinks, and snacks
- Company sponsored healthcare insurance and dental insurance
- Team building events and office competitions
- Receive an elite technology package to include a brand new MacBook Pro!
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity to put your thumbprint on a high-growth company in the early stages
- An open work environment where everyone, even the new folks, have a voice