Supply chains are disconnected, fragmented, and stuck in the stone age. We believe the market has it wrong, and we believe there is a better way. We are building the de facto platform and market network to connect, automate, and optimize the supply chains of the world. This is a multi- trillion dollar opportunity.
Today, Shipwell transforms your supply chains by combining transportation management, visibility, and an integrated partner network in one simple and responsive platform and RestfulAPI that scales as you grow. Our platform uses machine learning to analyze over 25 million rows of real-time data every day, reducing waste and friction, delivering better business intelligence, and driving continuous improvement across our customer supply chains. Shipwell is proud to be recognized by industry experts as a leader in shipping and logistics, including FreightTech 25 and Forbes Next Billion Dollar Startup 2020.Our Culture
Shipwell is a fast-paced, high-energy start-up that strives to build the future of shipping every day. Diversity of thought and cross-department collaboration is very important to us. We deliver open, honest, careful communication and work as hard as we play. We create & deliver solutions that are revolutionizing the industry, which brings excitement and purpose to our work. If you are looking for a place that will help you tap into your best work-self and give you hands-on experience building something big, then we invite you to come and build the future of shipping with us!Product Designer
If you have a passion for solving complex problems through designing elegant and intuitive product experiences and designs, a desire to transform a complex industry and an intense interest in identifying a better way of doing things - this might be the perfect role for you. The Product Designer role provides you with a unique opportunity to join a high growth, third-party logistics company as we pivot into a record-breaking 3rd year. Shipwell is laying the foundation on which our industry will be reinvented; we’re looking for individuals who want to be part of a significant change. Ideas come from being an innovator and an amplifier, that strives to achieve more, for themselves and to enable greatness in others.
WHAT YOU WILL DO WHEN YOU GET HERE
- From day one, you’ll leverage your extensive knowledge of product user experience and visual design principles to solve ambiguous problems and design clear, intuitive, and delightful user experiences and interfaces.
- Work closely with product management, engineers, other designers and data scientists to truly understand and break down problems, and design and refine clear user-facing product workflows, experiences, and interfaces.
- Lead design research with customers - testing product prototypes and concepts early and often to deliver products and features that make sense.
- Get to know customers and users intimately - understanding that empathy for their problems and challenges is the only way to design successful products.
- Design for desktop, mobile and mobile app environments to ensure a consistent end to end user experience across platforms, audiences and contexts.
- Deliver polished visual designs for responsive web and mobile apps that are obvious, elegant, and delightful.
- Maintain a balance between perfection and speed.
- Build and leverage a comprehensive design system of repurposable patterns and components.
- Push boundaries. Challenge conventional wisdom. Never settle for the status quo.
- Be passionate about our product, and the role of design in making it successful.
WHAT YOU NEED TO HAVE
- 2+ years of professional work in product design and UX/UI design
- A strong instinct and eye for design and user UX
- Ability to design projects across the entire product lifecycle and for both web and mobile functionality
- An exceptional online portfolio that demonstrates your design thinking and problem solving as well as visual design skills
- Confidence to ask tough questions and take ownership in pushing product boundaries with the intention of always improving the product
- An intense curiosity for understanding our customers and thinking through their problems
- Creative problem-solving expertise with an ability to scrutinize problems and identify non-obvious solutions rather than accepting surface level answers
- Experience working alongside designers, product managers, engineering and leadership in a highly collaborative environment
- Offices in Austin, TX, Chicago, IL or 100% remote
- Incredible growth opportunity at a fast growing company
- Healthcare insurance, dental insurance, 401k, Teledoc, generous parental leave
- Competitive salary and equity opportunity
- Amazing culture with talented team looking to disrupt the supply chain space
- An open work environment where everyone has a voice
- Receive an elite technology package to include a brand new MacBook Pro!
- Team building events and office competitions
- The kitchen is fully stocked with local coffee, drinks, and snacks
For more information about Shipwell visit shipwell.com, or connect with us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
Here at Shipwell, we are a Remote Forward company. You have the opportunity to work within one of our office location cities (Austin and Chicago) or you can choose to be fully remote.
Shipwell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any sort. We do celebrate diversity and believe experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Diversity in our team makes for better problem solving, more creative thinking, and ultimately a better product and company culture.
Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of impact, dedication, and the ability to thrive in a fast paced and collaborative environment. Shipwell strives to have an inclusive work environment; so if you are hard working & good at what you do then please come as you are. We want you to contribute, grow, & learn at Shipwell and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we’re looking for.
We are looking forward to adding new perspectives to our team!