Product Designer at BigCommerce
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
About the role
Product Designers at BigCommerce are part of the entire product development process, from concept to launch. They work closely with product managers, UX researchers, and engineers to understand the customer problem, iterate on solutions, and ship finished designs to customers.
We are looking for a Product Designer who can cultivate an understanding of customer problems and craft experiences that will enable our merchants and their businesses to flourish and succeed. Your designs will contribute to define experiences which have a meaningful impact in the life of our merchants and partners who rely on the BigCommerce platform. Your work will involve unifying experiences across onboarding, billing and permissions, plus enabling our partners to expand our platform by contributing to our component library and expanding associated tooling and training. This role offers a unique opportunity to work on products that will enhance the BigCommerce ecosystem and greatly impact our merchants’ businesses, enabling them to grow and succeed.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate closely with product management and engineering to identify product direction, feature set and behaviors for your product area.
- Cultivate an understanding of your target user problem set, competitor solutions in the market and trends in e-commerce to help effectively advocate for your design solutions.
- Create flows, sketches, prototypes, wireframes, and high fidelity mockups to communicate concepts, facilitate discussion and solicit feedback among your team and stakeholders.
- Execute design across the entire product lifecycle and product launches.
- Work iteratively with engineering to ensure a high-quality implementation and user experience.
- Represent the design team in team discussions, advocating for superior design quality and effective usability across the user experience.
- Collaborate with designers across the organization to determine appropriate use of patterns and contribute to evolve them, ensuring our solutions are consistent and familiar.
- Partner with product management and user research to plan and execute testing and validation of your design concepts and product rollouts.
- Work collaboratively with design leadership to inform and improve processes, tooling and culture.
- Lead by example - do great work and share what you’ve done with others at BigCommerce.
Who you are:
You are excited at the prospect of solving complex problems, and work enthusiastically to come up with elegant solutions that are familiar and promote ease of use. You have no qualms expressing your ideas in marker or mockup, to facilitate conversations with product managers, engineers and stakeholders, along with gaining understanding from your target users. You explore widely, but drive to consensus, seeking out feedback from stakeholders and users, taking it as a set of signals that present you with an opportunity to always iterate and improve your designs and the way you work.
- Collaborative. You understand that solving problems for our users is a team sport.
- Proactive communicator. You don’t wait for others to tell you when to do something. You seek out and make opportunities happen.
- A systems thinker. You understand how to define guidelines with both the structure and flexibility needed to make all functional areas of the product desirable and usable.
- Self-driven. You have superior organizational skills, integrity and great follow through on tasks. You don't get overwhelmed easily.
- Naturally curious. You have a desire to learn about technology, design, ecommerce, your users, basically anything that will make you a better designer.
- Pragmatic. You appreciate the latest design trends but can easily filter out what is and isn’t useful to your audience. You can look at your design solution and determine what is integral to the experience and what are ‘bells and whistles’.
- Motivated. You're innovative, creative and constantly looking for ways to tweak and optimize to make things better.
- Fun! You're flexible, fearless, and excited to help build something awesome.
- A utility player. You're willing to help out wherever needed.
Skills & Abilities:
- 2-4 years experience working as a product designer for a SaaS (software as a service) or other enterprise / large scale digital property
- Demonstrated execution of end-to-end design process from discovery to delivery, with artifacts showcasing information architecture, user experience, and interaction design
- Demonstrated excellence in delivering large-scale, integrated solutions for SaaS or complex enterprise applications
- Ability to multitask, working on several projects at once with careful attention to detail.
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills
- Experience using analytical tools like Google Analytics, Fullstory or other event tracking tools
- Experience designing and prototyping in tools like Figma
- Proven experience working in an Scrum or Agile framework
- Have a strong passion for (and experience in) building complex enterprise-level software
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.
Current BigCommerce Employees: Please use the internal job board to apply for openings