Product Designer at RapidDeploy
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:05 p.m. (CST) on Wednesday, July 22, 2020
Join a purpose-driven, fast-growing enterprise software company that is working to transform 9-1-1.
The power to do remarkable things when it matters most is the heart of 9-1-1 and public safety. At RapidDeploy, we believe that regardless of size, geography or budget, everyone in public safety should have access to the data they need when it matters most to save more lives. That’s why, since 2016, our mission has been to reduce emergency response times and improve public safety. We are the industry’s only truly open and integrated emergency response platform with a portfolio of web-based cloud solutions that includes analytics, mapping, dispatch and first responder applications.
Over the past year, we have signed four state contracts and our software has been deployed in more than 350 9-1-1 centers across the U.S. We have increased our annual recurring revenue by more than 20X. We’re hiring passionate team members to help propel us into the next stage of growth.
We are looking for a Product Designer who can support RapidDeploy’s native mobile application for dispatchers and first responders. The Product Design role will encompass both visual and interaction design.
- Bring a user-centered design approach to solving for complex design problems in a large, high-stakes ecosystem with multiple user types
- Develop UI/UX mockups and interactive prototypes that clearly illustrate function and feel as part of user testing and/or getting buy in from key stakeholders
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Identify and troubleshoot UX challenges/issues (e.g. responsiveness)
- Participate in user research and analysis to continually learn and inform others about the user and the problems we can solve for them
- Effectively communicate across various stakeholders, internal and external, in a highly collaborative environment
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with Product Management and Engineering
- Conduct usability testing in the field
- At least 5 years of proven work experience as a UX or Product Designer, including experience in applications design and establishing design systems
- Strong knowledge of and experience with design tools and software, e.g. Adobe Illustrator, Sketch, InVision
- Team player with strong communication and collaboration skills
- Excellent time-management skills
- Effective and efficient problem solver
- Ability to successfully manage ambiguity tied to early phases of design
- Strength in balancing user goals with business strategy and technical feasibility
- Based in Austin, TX, or willing to relocate
- Interest in Emergency Services & Public Safety is a strong plus
About RapidDeploy Inc.
- Raised Series A financing from GreatPoint Ventures, Samsung NEXT & Tao Capital
- Strong revenue growth (20x+ in last 12 months) & huge recent customer wins (e.g., State of California)
- Fast-growing, passionate, mission-driven team – we care about saving lives through technology!
- Offices in Austin, TX and Cape Town, South Africa
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance options, with benefits that kick in on your first day! Benefits are highly subsidized by RapidDeploy Inc.
- In addition to 8 observed holidays, RapidDeploy employees receive 20 days of PTO and unlimited sick leave.
RapidDeploy is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status
Notice: RapidDeploy’s hiring policy prohibits hiring from existing or prospective customers.
Read Full Job Description