ABOUT THIS POSITION
We are looking for a truly empathetic, UX-focused, Product Designer to help Aceable ensure our students discover the education they need in order to accomplish their life goals. Your job will be to work closely with both our marketing and product teams to craft a seamless user experience that starts with helping our prospective students find the learning they’re looking for and ends with building product experiences that improve the lifetime value of customers across our Driving, Real Estate, and future products.
Aceable is a mobile education platform that focuses on creating affordable, engaging, and convenient online courses available across all of your mobile devices. Built by former teachers, NASA engineers, and those passionate about education, the Austin-based team is obsessed with helping people reach life goals and milestones through online certification.
After launching its first mobile app to provide accredited driver's ed courses, Aceable expanded into real estate education and is quickly becoming one of the leading online real estate schools in the U.S. To date, Aceable touts more than 20 million students and counting. The team is proud of the hundred thousand plus students we're adding to the Aceable family per month. We're only getting started and we need your help to get us to our vision of millions of students per month.
Winner of the Austin Chamber of Commerce’s Austin A-List for the Hottest Growing Startup in 2017 and awarded as one of the Best Places to Work in Austin for multiple years running by numerous entities, such as the Austin Business Journal, BuiltInAustin, and EqualOcean. Aceable fosters a creative, collaborative, and diverse culture whose overall mission is to impact as many student-lives as possible.
ABOUT THE PRODUCT & DESIGN TEAM
You are joining a team that lives our core values, is ego-free and team first, obsesses about our users and asking why, loves to nerd out on all things product and design, and enjoys a good bowl of ramen. The product design team is growing quickly, and this is a great opportunity to help foster collaboration and to bring a good design mindset to the broader organization.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Perform usability research and testing to make high-quality design choices that optimize for both customer happiness and business outcomes across our marketing web and in-app product experiences
- Wireframe, user test, and support the marketing design team on high-quality transactional experiences in the marketing web flow as well as in our cross-platform products
- Design, usability test, and launch new product offerings that extend the relationship with our students and increase their overall lifetime value (LTV)
- Work with Marketing and Product to properly position add-on products within our core platform, offering the most value for our users and for our company
- Work with Product Management to co-own our Lifetime Value (LTV) roadmap
- Use and help maintain the Aceable design system
- Evangelize user-centric design and design thinking across the entire organization
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 3+ years UX-focused product design experience preferred
- Experience with Sketch as a wireframing and UI design tool
- Experience with Abstract, Protopie (or similar prototyping tools), Zeroheight, web and app development, and/or design system usage and maintenance a huge plus
- Ability to perform strongly at any stage of the design workflow from research all the way to hand-off of production-ready experiences to developers.
- Experience building great user experiences in collaboration with product and marketing teams on marketing web and native in-product transactional experiences
- A healthy respect and strong understanding of E-Commerce, SEO, and Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO)
- Strong understanding and point of view on how to make practical use of design thinking in a fast-moving startup environment
- Strong UI and interaction design skills to back up rock solid UX principles
- NOTE: A current portfolio required to be considered for this position
- Join one of Austin's Best Places to Work in 2020
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Generous time off programs
- Flexible work schedule
- Passionate, high-achieving teammates excited to help you succeed and learn
- Our own space on the top floor of a downtown building
- A team meal every week
- Fully stocked drink fridges and snacks + cold brew coffee on tap
- Company events & activities (Holiday events, happy hours, quarterly volunteering)
- Free parking spot downtown in our garage 24/7 or a monthly transportation stipend
- Education stipend ($500/year/employee)
- NOTE: Our team is currently remote due to Covid-19 and we have some awesome virtual perks that come with it (trivia, karaoke, bingo, happy hours, lunch & learns, and more)
At Aceable we celebrate and support all differences. Aceable is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital, disability, and veteran status.