Kazoo is an all-in-one Employee Experience platform that combines recognition, performance, and engagement in one powerful solution. By bringing together Real-time Recognition & Rewards, Continuous Performance Management, and Employee Engagement Surveys, Kazoo’s employee-first solution enables companies to build purpose-driven cultures while increasing productivity, retention, and revenue. With over 600 global customers, the Kazoo platform puts actionable analytics in the hands of business leaders, connecting them to what really matters.
Overview of the role:
We’re looking for a Product Designer who’s passionate about collaborating to solve complex problems and building experiences users love. Our ideal candidate is a creative UX thinker with a passion for understanding user needs and also has the ability to execute elegant interfaces to pixel perfection.
What awesome stuff you'll do:
- Execute wireframes, user flows, presentations, prototypes, diagrams, and high-fidelity visual designs
- Solicit feedback from your peers, internal stakeholders, and customers to improve your designs
- Use standard research methodologies to understand user needs and motivations
- Use, build, refine, and be an advocate for our design system
- Break down complex problems into design solutions
- Work cross-functionally with product, engineering, and other stakeholders to define the design vision and implement seamless user interactions
- Collaborate with product and engineering leadership to define a roadmap
What you'll need to be successful:
- A strong portfolio of work that demonstrates user-centered design principles and visual design experience
- Experience creating, maintaining, and building application style guides for Saas products
- Well grounded in best practices for typography, color theory, and accessibility
- The ability to synthesize stakeholder and user needs into clear, easy to use designs
- Experience designing for both mobile and web environments
- Expert knowledge of design tools, Figma or Sketch experience preferred
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience collaborating with product managers and engineers to solve problems
- Skilled at effectively communicating design ideas
- A shared passion for our mission to make employees’ lives better
Bonus points for:
- Degree in Design or related field
- Content strategy experience
- UX Writing
- Motion design skills
- HTML/CSS/JS coding abilities
*When applying for this position please be sure to include a link to your design portfolio in your resume
If you’ve reached this point in the job description and feel you’re still not sure if you should apply...Just do it! You may not have 100% of all those bullets listed above - and that's okay! We know there are no perfect applicants. If you’re feeling like you’re not going to fit in with our teams - that’s not okay. One of our company values is “Yes, &” - we believe in a diverse experience that allows us to build off the momentum of each other, so however you identity and whatever background you bring with you, we strongly encourage you to submit your application if this is a role you can be passionate about doing every day!
When you work at Kazoo, we provide competitive benefits to make your life better both in and out of the office, which include: health, dental and vision insurance; open vacation policy; flexible wfh policy; 12 paid holidays; 401k program; Stocked kitchen; Mac Laptop; Transportation/Parking Stipend; Generous Parental Leave; Fertility benefits; Breast milk delivery; EAP & more!
At Kazoo, diversity and inclusion are fundamental to how we grow and operate our business. We’re building a diverse workforce that cultivates and supports all individuals. We believe a culture of equality creates a stronger work environment for all employees and that we are all accountable for encouraging and celebrating diverse voices. Kazoo commits to promote and recognize principles of fairness, equity, and social justice in relation to, and across, intersections of race, age, color, disability, faith, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, social class, economic class, ethnicity, gender identity, gender expression, and all other identities represented among our diverse membership.
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Kazoo is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.