Product Designer at SailPoint
What's the opportunity? 🤔
You will create meaningful product design work at a highly admired, product-driven company that's driving real change in the industry.
Each product designer at SailPoint works within our highly collaborative design department. On every project our designers work in a team with a product manager, up to 6 engineers, and also works directly with a researcher. Together they own a portion of SailPoint, ship solutions to challenging problems and get feedback directly from customers.
We genuinely care about people and value kindness in our everyday interactions. You'll be able to be yourself, feel valued, supported, learn and grow no matter how experienced you are.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Work through design problems from beginning-to-end: translating research insights into ideas that form disruptive new products and features, then designing the workflows and detailed interactions to realize them.
- Collaborate with other designers to raise improve the quality of SailPoints’s design processes and best practices.
- Sketch and prototype ideas to quickly access viability, and design the fine grained details of interactions.
- Iterate based on feedback from the whole team.
- Working with our research team to connect with customers and test new product solutions.
- Work closely with engineers as you build and ship product work.
What do I need? 📖
- 3+ years proven experience designing and launching software applications.
- Experience designing digital products and systems, not just websites. You have helped ship products
- Experience designing complex enterprise experiences that people use to get work done day-in and day-out.
- An appreciation of the entire product development process, from problem solving and interaction design, through to detailed UI and visual design.
- The ability to create thoughtful workflows and wireframes and beautiful high-fidelity mockups of your designs.
- The ability to create prototypes for customer research and testing.
- Strong communication skills to help team members understand the rationale behind your design work.
- Motivated self starter who can collaborate well with engineers, researchers and product managers.
- Willingness to take on problems, and try new things. A desire to make everything you touch better.
We’re looking for a portfolio that is well structured and clearly outlines the problems you have tackled with your design work, showcasing software design with a focus on desktop.