Product Designer at Sysco LABS
Sysco LABS is a technology-focused division within Sysco, dedicated to reimagining foodservice through innovation. An extension of Sysco’s commitment to deliver exceptional products and services to the foodservice industry, Sysco LABS uses customer and market intelligence, data-driven insights and agile technology development to rethink the entire foodservice ecosystem.
Our innovation will improve everything from the ordering process, inventory, pricing and automation to the in-restaurant customer experience. Operating with the mindset of a startup and backed by the authoritative expertise of an industry leader, Sysco LABS’ mission is to improve the Sysco customer experience and consistently deliver cost savings and new innovations through technology.
Sysco LABS is growing fast, and we’re searching for a creative and passionate Product Designer to join our team in Austin. Are you excited to innovate on a remarkable user experience and products that are already changing foodservice? If so, Sysco LABS is an excellent place for you to work, to experiment, and to learn.
About the Role:
As a Product Designer, you will reimagine and craft a design that makes a difference to the customer experience. You will partner with product managers, researchers and designers to refine customer experiences. You will improve usability and expand on style guides. You will pursue various UX problems to find a solution.
Additionally, you will:
- Execute design projects across the entire product lifecycle and multiple product launches.
- Define and articulate a strategic direction for product experiences.
- Collaborate with product designers, managers, and researchers to drive design vision and strategy.
- Represent the design team as a subject matter expert across cross-functional teams.
- Take initiative to brainstorm initial design concepts with cross-functional teams to bring product requirements to life.
- Participate in user-based research throughout the design process.
- Work openly and stay flexible enough to incorporate constructive feedback from user tests, designers and other partners.
- Be autonomous and take full ownership your work, and you take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way.
- 3+ years of industry experience in product design
- You are proficient in Sketch, Invision, Principle, Zeplin or comparable tools.
- BS/MS in Visual Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Industrial Design, or related field
- You have design experience for mobile, tablet and web products.
- You have knowledge of delivering wireframes, prototypes and dev-ready high-fidelity designs.
- You are able to thrive in a collaborative professional environment and are self-motivated to execute and deliver on multiple projects.
- You have a portfolio that clearly demonstrates successful interaction design projects.
- You constantly seek new tools and skills which make you a better designer.
Perks at Sysco LABS:
- Competitive base & bonus packages
- Fun, casual, fast-paced work environment filled with talented colleagues
- Brand-new high-tech office space located in the heart of East 6 th St, (walking distance to the MetroRail )
- Generous PTO policy
- Flexible work environment that encourages work/life balance
- Fully stocked break room & weekly catered lunch
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits and company 401(k) program
We embrace diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.