Senior Art Director at Whole Foods Market (Austin, TX)
To be successful in this role, the Senior Art Director is an expert at creating strategic campaigns across multi-channels: physical stores, web, email, social, paid media (video, digital, traditional). You are an expert at choreographing execution- from art directing photo shoots, to copy and design. You navigate the need for flexibility of visual assets across channels with a holistic view. Conceptual problem solving from both a visual and verbal standpoint is critical, and you partner naturally with writers to create campaign ideas
You are the model Senior Art Director that others on the team aspire to for hard skills and teamwork. No task is too large or small for you. While the Art Directors do not report to you, you are passionate about mentoring them with your talent and seeing them flourish.
This role is based in Austin TX, within the Whole Foods Market corporate offices. We are a nurturing culture and big egos don’t work out here. We thrive on collaboration, are laid-back but hard-working. You’ll be joining a creative department that believes “we’re all teachers and students.”, so come with the energy to teach and the humility to learn.
- Work with Art Directors and Designers to create in-store and digital campaigns
- Own and co-create Amazon Fresh brand guidelines with CD of Design and Copy
- Drive campaign creative concepting from digital to traditional media
- Oversee photo and video shoots for seasonal/promotional campaigns as well as evergreen
- Execute campaigns across multiple media channels and platforms
- Expert proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, proficiency with Google Sketch and Figma
- Agility and adaptability in learning new tools and design platforms
- Expert skills in directing photo and video shoots (food photography and styling a big plus)
- Excellent presentation skills
- Proven ability to operate among ambiguity and fast-changing business goals
- Proven ability to juggle multiple projects while maintaining a clear sense of priorities
- 4+ years of ad/design agency or in-house brand experience
- A strong working knowledge of visual design, brand, user-centered experience design and the creative process
- Food and retail experience a plus
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.