Senior Creative/Marketing Copywriter
Duo Security, now a part of Cisco, is the leading provider of Trusted Access security and multi-factor authentication delivered through the cloud.
Duo’s mission is to make security simple for everyone. We were born from a hacker ethos and a desire to make the Internet a secure place. We believe in empowering people to follow their passions inside and outside of the office and enable every employee to bring their whole self to work.
Our team is our secret weapon. We run the spectrum from artists to analysts, low-key to high energy, and bring together a diversity of skill sets, experiences, and perspectives to solve what we consider to be the world's most pressing geopolitical challenge — transforming the security industry as we know it. Together we build solutions that are easy, effective, trustworthy, and enduring. And that’s why we are the most loved and trusted company in security.
Can you tell a story? Can you write clear, concise and compelling copy that makes a brand pop? As creative/marketing copywriter you’ll always find the right words – whether it’s web copy explaining what Duo’s product does or engaging taglines that entice clicks and downloads. You’ll work across teams to determine how best to present written information clearly and in line with Duo’s unique tone and voice. You’ll be a copywriter, sure, but you’ll also be a brand ambassador, a conveyor of message and a raiser of awareness. (You’ll also be willinging to argue at length over your stance on the Oxford comma.)
As a Senior Creative/Marketing Copywriter, you will:
- Draft and edit high-quality, compelling copy to be used across Duo website and in other content marketing vehicles
- Create copy that is conversational and approachable, yet is also authoritative and has a point of view
- Ensure that Duo’s voice, tone and messaging are woven throughout Duo’s content regardless of channel/format to ensure a cohesive brand voice
- Understand Duo’s current and prospective customers and determine how best to appeal to them, and persuade them
- Keep the information on Duo.com up to date and accurate while maintaining a process that ensures it stays that way
- Brainstorm and write compelling pieces of content across several formats and channels (website, ebooks, blog posts, social posts, ad copy, infographics … you name it)
- Work closely with our product marketing team to always have the latest information on product capabilities and features, and write about them clearly and concisely for an external audience
- Collaborate with the web team to shape Duo’s online content strategy and ensure is aligns with design requirements
- Consistently seek out new and interesting ways to tell Duo’s story through various mediums
- 4+ years in copywriting, content creation or similar role
- Strong understanding of technology (information security knowledge is a bonus)
- Unparalleled writing chops (strong understanding of AP Style is a bonus)
- Creative thinking and the ability to tell compelling stories
- Attention to detail, quality and accuracy
- Collaborating across teams to achieve aggressive objectives
- Distill complex topics and ideas into easy to understand copy
Three Reasons You Should Apply…
- You are a born storyteller who loves to write.
- You enjoy the challenge of making the complex sound simple.
- You yearn to be part of an innovative and talented team of creatives.
Duo is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness. We are able to grow and learn better together with a diverse team of employees. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents not only part of our culture, but our reputation and Duo’s achievement as well. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that all potential candidates can bring in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, gender identity and expression, nationality, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
And if this role is exciting you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all 100% of the description or qualifications. Finally and most importantly, we are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer