The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $119B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.=
Our Developer Relations and Education (DevRel/Edu) organization has a mission to empower MongoDB developers through interactive learning, documentation, and community. Our Design team creates the experiences that make that mission a reality, and Design Program Managers -- part of Creative Operations -- provide the infrastructure for happy, productive, well-oiled teams.
We’re searching for a Design Program Manager to be the “mission control” for our DevRel/Edu Design team, partnering with leadership to drive major projects -- including an extensive in-progress redesign. This is a new role to help elevate a growing team, with a focus on strengthening relationships with Product and Engineering, and developing the processes and workflows the teams need to be successful.What You’ll Do
- Partner closely with Design leadership, serving as the nucleus for DevRel/Edu design projects
- Coach the Design team to help them deliver, while enabling them to shine
- Facilitate design studios, design-focused stakeholder meetings, and internal design team meetings
- Operationalize best practices for measuring success
- Create/manage Design Jira tickets to enable transparency
- Serve as the go-to point of contact for Design project status and priorities, removing roadblocks, and tracking dependencies
- Create and roll out scalable processes that empower the team and streamline their work
- Elevate the Design team’s presence and build trust within the Engineering and Product organization
- Develop process improvements for Creative Operations as a whole
- Experience in Design Operations and/or as a UX Producer, Design Program Manager, or other strategic design-mindset project/program role (tech and/or education industry is a huge plus)
- Ability to speak with confidence about design activities and workflows; knowledge of UX methodologies
- Excellent communication and storytelling skills
- A coaching mindset; we’re not looking for project managers as much as human-centered design enablers
- Diplomatic negotiation style, with ability to work with all kinds of personalities
- Natural leadership and problem-solving skills
- Keen sense of when to follow a process and when process is getting in the way
- Proactive approach, pride of work, and passion for iterative workflow development
- Experience as part of a remote / distributed team
- In about 3 months you’ll have ramped up on the DevRel/Edu design work and refined some quick-win processes for the team
- In about 6 months you’ll have rolled out new processes and frameworks, especially around planning and delivery
- In about 12 months you’ll have helped define and track metrics, enhanced workflows, and made significant progress toward cross-functional processes that ultimately improve our users’ experience
- We value doing what’s best for each other, for the team, and for the user community
- We encourage open, honest, authentic communication
- We believe that good ideas come from everywhere
- We have a strong feedback culture, asking and providing in the spirit of making everyone better
We’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys.
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.