Senior Designer at Whole Foods Market (Austin, TX)
To be successful in this role, this Sr. Designer will be an expert in executing design systems across all brand touch points (physical retail signage and merchandising displays, traditional media-outdoor/posters, digital placements onsite, paid social). You’ll work with the Creative Director of Design to expand/evolve the brand guidelines and are prolific in your exploration boundary pushing solutions.
You are the model designer that others on the team aspire to for hard skills and teamwork. No task is too large or small for you. While the Designers do not report to you, you are passionate about mentoring them with your talent and seeing them flourish.
This role is based in Austin TX, within the Whole Foods Market corporate offices. We are a nurturing culture and big egos don’t work out here. We thrive on collaboration, are laid-back but hard-working. You’ll be joining a creative department that believes “we’re all teachers and students.”, so come with the energy to teach and the humility to learn.
- Execute and evolve the Amazon Fresh brand style guide across all in-store and digital channels
- Design and execute promotional and seasonal campaigns
- Present work to Creative Director of Design
- Collaborate with counterparts in Art Direction, Copy and Packaging to ensure campaign consistency and that design is optimally executed for each channel
- Mentor other designers on the team through exceptional design, teamwork and patience
- Expert proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (familiarity with Google Sketch and Figma)
- Agility and adaptability in learning new tools and design platforms
- Great presentation skills
- Proven ability to impart focus by developing clear goals and priorities
- Proven ability to operate among ambiguity and fast-changing business goals
- Proven ability to build cross-functional partnerships and inspire collaboration and action
- Proven ability to juggle multiple projects while maintaining a clear sense of priorities
- 6+ years of ad/design agency or in-house brand experience
- Expertise in visual design, branding and physical retail design
- Leadership experience a plus but not mandatory
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.