A Cloud Guru is the world's leading provider of online IT education. We focus on providing high-quality, affordable and engaging on-demand video courses to hundreds of thousands of professionals. We help our students learn new skills, gain valuable industry certifications, and excel in their careers.
It’s an exciting time at A Cloud Guru - we’ve taught over 600,000 students since our inception 3 years ago; received US venture capital funding with a recent $2M raise in May; and we're now focusing on building out our B2B feature set and product offering.
We're a place for creativity, empowerment, and trust. It’s somewhere that you can do your best work. We were founded by two brothers who wanted to disrupt traditional training by providing affordable virtual training to students that may not have had the same opportunity otherwise. Our brand is down-to-earth, empowering, and relatable. A Cloud Guru is built on empathy and creativity.
What we're looking for
A seasoned Senior Designer that is comfortable creating modern designs with a charming, playful undertone. Someone that enjoys taking ownership and running with ideas, and helping translate ideas to visual experiences.
You're also a creative and open-minded person that really loves what they do and takes pride in their work supporting the team. Being able to collaborate with others on projects is as important to us as your ability as a designer
From the get go, you'll have to be proficient with:
- Crafting user interfaces as part of a cross-functional team
- Working with team members to turn ideas into designs and prototypes
- Familiar with visual design techniques such as hierarchy, balance, alignment and repetition
- Driving design for both printed and digital media, such as emails, landing pages, mobile apps, social media, t-shirts, banners, videos, animations and signage
- Building and maintaining a visual identity - managing brand consistency through the creation of design specs, standards, style guides, toolkits, and processes
- Familiar with design tools such as Sketch or Photoshop
Our wish list
We value continuous learning - it's a core part of why we exist. We would love if you have experience with the following, but it's not essential.
- Understanding of how design impacts upon product marketing and content strategy
- Optimizing the conversion of landing pages and user on-boarding flows
If that all sounds a bit daunting, don't let it stop you from applying. As a training provider we strongly believe in giving people the opportunity to learn – in fact we encourage it! We know that supporting you and investing in your development so that you can be an effective part of our team...well it’s just good business sense!
Working with us
Our people matter to us. We know everyone has family and friends and for that reason our employees receive 20 days (4 weeks) of leave each year. We understand that time away from work is important and we know well-rested and well-rounded people make better decisions…and ultimately are more productive when at work!
We pay commensurate with experience and we make sure you’re looked after when it comes to benefits.
Our team is spread across the globe - mainly in the US and Australia. Our Marketing and Brand teams work together in Austin, Texas.
For this position we will need you to join our team in our offices in Austin, Texas. We prefer hands on collaboration so this position is not available for remote workers. Unfortunately we're unable to sponsor people into the US at this time.
We are a fast-growing team with big ambitions. We need people who can help us build a solid foundation for the future. If you want to make a difference in a fast-growing team, now is the time to join.
Read Full Job Description