Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. Everyone new to the team, along with our current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
Atlassian is one of the fastest growing software companies in the world, with millions of users across our products (Jira Software, Jira Service Desk, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello, to name a few.). We're making a substantial investment in experience design, endeavoring to make Atlassian products essential for all teams. We’re growing our global design organization and searching for passionate, talented designers to help us.
We have an opportunity for a Designer to join our Product Integrations team in Austin to build apps and integrations that set the tone for how Atlassian approaches product integration with other SaaS products. This is a fast moving team exploring how we can get more customers interacting with Atlassian products from within their tools of choice to complete their day-to-day work.
More about the opportunity:
- The teams in the Product Integrations area have a high level of control over their own roadmap, allowing them to react quickly and iteratively to a changing landscape and new opportunities
- While Atlassian has a strong ecosystem of its own, having a business unit with a mandate for all things integration is a new approach and a recent development. This means that you'd be at the forefront of forming principles, establishing guidelines, and bringing consistency to our approach as a company
- As an integrations designer, you always play at the intersection of two sets of guidelines: the Atlassian ones, and the ones of the partner we're integrating with. This means that the variety of your work is pleasantly high for a product design position
- At Atlassian, designers collaborate closely with product management and engineering teams to build and innovate our product suite. You'll have the chance to work in a cross-functional team and with substantial ownership to make a strong impact on a product suite that is relied on by some of the most well-known companies in the world
More about you:
- You have experience creating and working with patterns and guidelines to create seamless experiences between products that help users get things done
- You enjoy the challenge of solving big workflow problems in small UI spaces
- You've developed your own toolbox of process and techniques to identify problems and generate creative solutions
- You make data-driven design decisions, and want to connect with users and turn their feedback into insights and new features
- You're skilled at balancing constraints and trade-offs, and supporting your decisions with well-articulated reasoning
- You actively collaborate with cross-functional teams, and enjoy helping others grow in their understanding of design
- You are comfortable being a proactive part of any project, defining measures of success, creatively finding ways to test your assumptions, and participating in product discussions
- You have a diverse portfolio that shows good aesthetic judgment and attention to detail
- You are a self-motivated person who enjoys shipping quickly and iterating based on customer feedback
- You have strong communication skills that will help you work with internal and external teams and partners
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.