The Senior Director Total Rewards will partner with the Chief People Officer to develop a Total Rewards philosophy/program. In this role you will be responsible for all aspects of design, implementation, administration and communication of all company compensation and benefit programs for the company.
As one of the most exciting start-up companies in Austin, we are focused on finding the best talent and building the best team to continue accelerating our rapid growth.
Who you are:
You have extensive compensation and total rewards experience and can quickly take in information to make data-driven, sound decisions. You are self-motivated and thrive in a fast-paced environment. You are great at explaining things in a clear, concise, and engaging manner, and are passionate about being a part of a team and organization that delivers results and desires to be an amazing place to work.
Who we are:
AlertMedia is leading the evolution of employee safety for a modern workforce. We offer the most intuitive emergency communication software on the market with fully integrated threat warnings and employee safety monitoring. We believe any organization can improve safety and business outcomes during critical events by quickly identifying threats and simplifying fast, reliable communication to impacted audiences. We are headquartered in Austin, TX, and trusted by thousands of customers in over 100 countries—including DHL, British Petroleum, SurveyMonkey, and Walmart—to keep their people safe and connected anytime, anywhere.
We are an equal opportunity employer focused on creating a collaborative and exciting place for all to work. Ensuring a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace for all people is key to our success and core to our values.
Come join us in our mission to save lives and minimize loss through effective communication.
This is an amazing opportunity to be part of our wave of momentum and take our company, and your career, to the next growth stage. We'd love to get to know you better and share how we serve our amazing customers. For more information, please visit www.alertmedia.com.
What you will do:
- Drive the strategic development, design, implementation, communication, maintenance and compliance of all compensation programs to align with the company’s Total Rewards philosophy and business objectives.
- Identify, develop and deliver strategic compensation programs that meet and anticipate the internal needs of the organization while monitoring external trends in the marketplace.
- Manage and communicate all compensation programs, including the development/maintenance of base salary ranges and other compensation practices for the company’s various business units.
- Analyze jobs, salaries, and incentives in order to evaluate internal equity, external competitiveness, and legal compliance of pay practices.
- Plans, develops and/or participates in area and industry compensation surveys or special compensation studies, including market-based pricing, to ensure the company’s competitive position within the marketplace. Review and analyze findings, assess unique company needs and develop specific recommendations to management with respect to the compensation structure.
- Partner with Finance on annual compensation budget.
- Establish, build and maintain strong relationships with leaders and managers across the organization to ensure our compensation structure supports our strategic objectives.
- Educate leaders, managers and employees on the company’s Total Rewards philosophy
- 10+ years working in Compensation/Total Rewards positions with increasing levels of responsibility
- Experience with various HRIS systems
- Experience creating job levels, leveling guides
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; clear and concise written and oral communication skills
- Comfortable building rapport, negotiating, and setting expectations with stakeholders, including those at the executive level
- Exceptional leadership, communication and influencing skills
- Excellent verbal, written and analytical skills, strong attention to detail
- Experience in complex project management with the ability to deliver quality recommendations and solutions
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment; ability to work well under pressure and to manage multiple priorities
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- Position is open for remote location except for in the following states: Alaska, Colorado, Louisiana, Mississippi, Montana, North Dakota, Oregon, Rhode Island, Washington, West Virginia, US territories
- This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship
What we offer:
- Base salary + Company-Wide Bonus program
- Competitive PTO + holidays to enjoy balance
- Health benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance 100% paid for employees
- Amazing rewards and incentives
- An exciting and positive work environment
- Commitment to community service with opportunities to give back
- A Best Places to Work company 5 years in a row
AlertMedia is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
AlertMedia does not currently sponsor applicants for work visas.