Senior Email Designer
Online portfolio with HTML email examples required to apply.
Vrbo is seeking a Senior Email Designer to join our Creative Dept. to support our Email Marketing Team and our growing email programs for consumer and homeowner communications. This global position is based in Austin and will work directly with marketing teams spanning Vrbo’s entire brand portfolio. This includes working with team members and marketers in our two main locations (London and Austin). The primary focus of this role will be developing designs and design systems for our always-on, life cycle and ad-hoc consumer emails. Email development experience is a plus, but not a core requirement for this role.
What You’ll Do:
- Design engaging and effective email templates inline with Vrbo’s brand standards and creative guidelines.
- Drive a Design Language with a modular, repeatable design approach in mind
- Manage a “library” of email designs and components so content is accessible by other designers within our department.
- Support development of new email campaigns, programs and processes
- Maintain awareness of email and marketing trends and make recommendations on design and optimization approaches as well as email standard methodologies.
- Work in closely with other email designers and developers to help create HTML templates; ensure all creative assets are optimized for delivery and performance.
- Support an A/B testing roadmap for continuous email optimization
- Troubleshoot display, rendering and delivery issues (across various browsers, clients, devices).
- Support a global versioning for 15+ brands/regions and multiple languages
- Optimize and refine your work for better performance and opportunities to add personalization and dynamic elements.
- Work effectively in a fast-paced environment where multitasking is an absolute necessity.
Who You Are:
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, Information Design, Digital Media Design or other visual arts
- Strong portfolio that demonstrates originality, innovation and multi-disciplinary thinking
- At least 5 years of email design and/or UX design experience
- Responsive design perspective with a mobile-first mentality
- Highly proficient in Sketch as well as Adobe Creative Suite programs
- Strong knowledge and experience designing for HTML
- Working knowledge of the different email client quirks related to styling emails
- Experience troubleshooting display, rendering, and delivery issues (across various browsers, clients, devices) using tools like Litmus
- Strong web asset production, interactive design and typography skills with an understanding of web design standard methodologies
- Well versed in the limitations of email clients and how to design attractive and effective emails within those constraints.
Experience in Eloqua, Marketo or other email delivery platforms a plus.
Critical Success Factors
- Comfort in asking probing questions until direction is well understood; able to constructively and effectively negotiate sensitive issues with people in senior positions to you
- Actively seeks feedback to inform and improve your design
- Punctuality mindset. You take deadlines seriously and have the ability to navigate asks in order to deliver your work on time and on spec consistently.
- Modular or Atomic design mindset. You think of design not just as a single execution, but as a solution that can be replicated across multiple campaigns for efficiency.
- Optimism. You maintain a positive energy that inspires those around you.
- Detail obsession. Every pixel matters to you.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility)
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on vrbo.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
In 1995, Vrbo introduced a new way for people to travel together, pairing homeowners with families and friends looking for places to stay. We were grounded in one purpose: To give people the space they need to drop the distractions of everyday life and simply be together. Since then, we've grown into a global community of homeowners and travelers, with unique properties in 190 countries around the world. Vrbo makes it easy and fun to book cabins, condos, beach houses and every kind of space in between.
Vrbo is part of HomeAway and the Expedia Group family of brands and offers homeowners and property managers exposure to over 750 million visits to Expedia Group sites each month. To learn more, visit www.vrbo.com.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.