- Bachelor's degree in Design or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience collaborating with multidisciplinary teams of Designers, Researchers, Engineers, Content Strategists and Product Managers throughout the design process.
- Experience creating user flows and wireframes to building user interface mockups and prototypes. Experience designing across platforms.
- Portfolio highlighting projects that demonstrate experience crafting usable digital interfaces.
- Master's degree in Design, HCI, Computer Science or related field, and 10 years of relevant industry experience.
- Subject matter expertise in accessibility design.
- Experience designing voice/conversational interfaces or sound and haptics design.
- Experience leading design teams, or the ability to lead and ideate products from scratch and improve features, all with a user-centered design process.
- Experience with communicating and influencing product design strategy.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and familiarity with technical constraints and limitations as they apply to designing for platforms, such as desktop and mobile (e.g., Android and iOS).
About the job
Design and user experience (UX) are at the forefront of everything we do. The job of an Interaction Designer is to envision how people experience our products and bring that vision to life in a way that feels inspired, refined and even magical. In this role, you’ll take on complex tasks and transform them into intuitive, accessible and easy-to-use designs for people around the world—from the first-time user to the sophisticated expert. Achieving this goal requires collaboration with teams of Designers, Researchers, Engineers and Product Managers throughout the design process—from creating user flows and wireframes to building user interface mockups and prototypes. At each stage, you will anticipate what our users need, advocate for them and ensure that the final product surprises and delights them.
Join a team that’s changing the way the world uses Google products. This position will require close collaboration across UX to understand the experience of our products for users with accessibility needs. In this role you will partner with product, engineering, and business stakeholders to drive broad accessibility focused design efforts. You’ll teach and inspire teams, having impact across Google. Under Google Accessibility leads, this position offers the opportunity to help develop, and grow the design program for accessibility.
User experience is at the forefront of how we create intuitive, innovative, and beautiful products that people love. We strive to learn and understand our users’ needs, behaviors, and emotions to gather insights that inform product strategy and design. Our UX teams include designers, researchers, content strategists, and engineers who are passionate about quality, usability, and simplicity. We work on collaborative teams to solve complex challenges and craft experiences that highlight our products’ unique capabilities and personalities. Our work touches billions while exemplifying a key principle that is core to Google’s philosophy: “Focus on the user and all else will follow.”
- Lead and advocate for accessibility-focused design.
- Partner closely with other accessibility UX roles and lead the drive for accessible products, ensuring product excellence.
- Contribute to the development of accessibility training materials, documentation and presentations.
- Advocate for the prioritization of design centered changes, refinements, and improvements, with a focus on accessibility.
- Participate in user experience research and usability studies, design reviews, and other team-wide design efforts.