Senior Manager, Creative Operations
Vrbo is looking for a Senior Manager to head up project management for our internal creative agency. This critical role will have a direct impact on shaping how the team works, ensuring we meet our goals for both velocity and quality of deliverables. As the Senior Manger of Creative Operations, you will drive better work, happier employees and bigger results for the business. You will also manage a team of project managers and operations specialists.
What You'll Do:
- Ensure the operational soundness of The Creative Dept. through superior process development, reporting, project tracking, resource management and analysis.
- Manage and develop a small team of direct reports (Agile PMs) facilitating the smooth operation of a creative team of 30+.
- Partner with Dept. managers to lead and evangelize our Agile Marketing process.
- Develop and drive adoption of technical strategies, workflow designs and operational processes to help deliver world-class creative at scale.
- Own the selection, tooling and administration of creative and workflow technologies including DAM/VAM, workflow and project management, analytics, and reporting systems.
- Day-to-day project management of multiple concurrent projects, serving as a daily point of contact for the marketing and creative teams, moving work successfully through a sprint cycle and/or project lifecycles.
- Develop and implement processes for the intake, briefing and management of projects, and for the management of partner communications, third-party vendors, outsourcing and reporting.
- Partner with assigned marketing owners to establish and lead a sprint backlog, driving internal partner engagement and prioritization.
- Proactively provide risk management and contingency plans throughout sprints and projects.
- Constructively and effectively negotiate sensitive issues with functional and cross-functional team members at various levels of the organization.
- Partner with creative leadership on the development of winning creative strategies; SME in creative ideation.
Who You Are:
- 10+ years of operational experience in a highly-technical environment. Bonus points for creative agency experience combined with a technical mindset.
- Strong process orientation with a demonstrated ability to design workflows that help teams work smarter and move faster.
- Experience in Agile methodologies
Critical Success Factors:
- Impeccable communication skills, written, verbal and visual; Able to define clear ways of working that others can easily follow.
- Disciplined but not rigid.
- Comfort with ambiguity and the ability to build structure and process across teams
- High-performance orientation with an appreciation for working smarter, not harder.
- Practiced in servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement and empowerment.
- Optimistic. Maintains a positive energy that inspires those around you.
Benefits & Perks:
- • Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- • Competitive salary.
- • Annual target bonus or commission.
- • Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- • Paid vacation and sick time.
- • Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- • Free snacks and beverages.
- • Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- • Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- • Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- • Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- • Casual dress.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Vrbo, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.