Senior Market Researcher
The home search starts online, but the real estate industry is often optimized for in-person, one-on-one service. That's a fantastic experience once you connect with the right professional, but finding the right fit isn't always a smooth process. Opcity built a nationwide real-time data and technology platform combining cutting edge deep learning, business analytics and human intuition with the latest web, mobile and digital telephony technologies to enable our team of professionals, and thousands of real estate agents and brokers, to make sure we connect every home buy with the right agent at the right time so more time is spent finding a home and less time finding the perfect agent.
Realtor.com/ Opcity seeks a Senior User Researcher to help us create and evaluate industry-leading real estate websites. You will partner with design, product and engineering colleagues and help them make informed decisions. You will be responsible for engaging with users to understand their contexts, behaviors, unmet needs, and aspiration. You will influence short-term and long-term product strategies and innovation efforts at realtor.com/ Opcity.
- You are dedicated to advocate for the voice of consumer in the product design process.
- You are an expert in finding actionable insights and incorporating them into different stages of the product life cycle.
- You consistently deliver high quality work and are creative in communicating research insights to your stakeholders.
- A self-starter, you are comfortable managing competing priorities and navigating ambiguity, and have a bias toward action.
- While you are detail oriented, you do not lose sight of the big picture. You are flexible by nature, persistent and a creative problem solver.
- If you have a passion for user experience, and an interest in real estate, let’s talk!
Areas of Ownership
- Scope, design and execute a variety of research studies (surveys, interviews, usability tests, etc).
- Collaborate and communicate with designers, product managers and engineers to drive research-based decision-making.
- Conduct research independently and analyze research data.
- Share research findings through written reports and oral presentations and find creative ways to advocate for users.
The ideal profile
- Have 5+ years of demonstrable experience in various qualitative and quantitative research projects.
- Experience with programming questionnaires and analyzing survey data using tools such as SPSS, Wincross, Q, excel, etc.
- Experience handling, interpreting and manipulating raw data sets, including data cleaning, transforming and weighting
- Have experience of defining key user research questions, identifying methods and logistics, executing, and framing insights into clear deliverables that inform business, product and design decisions.
- Have strong project management skills, including 3rd party vendor management experience.
- Have ability to iterate during and between studies to identify, implement, and evaluate changes quickly.
- Previous experience building and sharing a body of knowledge from a variety of studies over time.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in psychology, sociology, or research.
Diversity is important to us, therefore, realtor.com / Opcity is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of age, color, national origin, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, status as a disabled veteran and/or veteran of the Vietnam Era or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, realtor.com / Opcity will provide reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified disabled individuals.
Read Full Job Description