RigUp is changing the way work is done in the energy industry. Each one of our teams exists to move us closer to our north star -- “to empower the people who power the world.” The Product & Design team at RigUp is building a platform of products and services to better serve the evolving needs of the people working in energy. On this team, Product Design is responsible for crafting experiences that enable our customers to do what they do best with greater efficiency, less complexity and at lower costs.
RigUp is hiring a Product Designer for our Design System that will be responsible for increasing alignment and collaboration among designers as well as implementation teams. Working closely with engineering partners, this designer is focused on enabling product teams to work more efficiently while ensuring that our expanding digital offerings are cohesive, user-friendly and on-brand. Our ideal candidate for this role will be someone who has a deep understanding of product design principles, interactions and tools. They have a proven track record of establishing new processes and systems in a fast-paced environment and can find the balance between executing for speed while being highly detail-oriented. They have experience building or participating heavily in establishing an in-house design system, partner effortlessly with cross-functional leaders, and aren’t afraid to roll up their sleeves to get the job done.
Sound like you? Keep reading.
What you'll be doing:
- Be the point of contact for RigUp’s Design System, being the owner of establishing adoption and understanding of our system across all product teams
- Build a robust component library that meets most of our product design needs. Expand on pattern library with templates and page layouts
- Create rules for expanding and maintaining our design system that can be utilized across several product teams and product lines. Expand on implementation guidelines that can guide designs and that help inform development
- Establish tools, services and systems that enable product designers to design new, cohesive experiences quickly. Discover and implement processes to improve the design to development handoff process
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders (Creative Director, Brand Director) to ensure our product is supporting the RigUp narrative. Establish style guides and refine product design building blocks (color, typography, etc)
What you should have:
- 5+ years in a Product Design role, with at least 1 year owning or participating heavily in Design Systems
- An outstanding portfolio showcasing exceptional product and visual design
- Excruciating attention to detail in your output
- Passion for building things from the ground up, with experience establishing systems and processes in-house
- Thrives in a fast-paced, largely autonomous environment
- A positive, can-do attitude
- Flexible PTO policy
- 401k Program with 4% match
- Fully paid employee health insurance for employee
- Daily catered meals
- Competitive commuter benefits
- Open office space in the heart of downtown Austin
- Career development opportunities + partial reimbursement for ongoing education
- $2,000 vacation stipend on your 3 year anniversary
RigUp is a technology company that's building a platform to better support the energy workforce. Through the industry’s largest marketplace, we’re improving the lives of contractors and helping service providers and operators find the people who will get the job done. Headquartered in Austin, TX, and backed by a16z, Founder’s Fund, Quantum Energy Partners, and Silicon Valley Bank, we’ve raised $423.8 Million in funding to support our mission to change the way work is done in the energy field.
Our goal is to make RigUp an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Read Full Job Description