OJO Labs was founded on the belief that complex decision making could be made better through the fusion of machine and human intelligence. Our company has developed a unique, AI-based technology that combines natural language processing, machine learning, and human support. The offering allows for consumers to gain a better understanding of the market as well as their own wants and needs prior to interacting with an expert.
The first big decision we’re tackling is homebuying and selling. We are building an end-to-end real estate platform which provides consumers personalized guidance throughout their journey, readying them to make meaningful connections with experts. In addition, we provide brokers, agents, and loan officers warm and informed introductions to consumers, along with the tools to support a best-in-class experience.
As part of our team, you’d be helping to build technologies that will significantly advance the world’s largest consumer industries while setting a new standard for engagement between people, information, and companies.
About the OJO Consumer Experience Team
The OJO Customer Experience team is a collection of designers with unique skills, passions and superpowers that together with our product and engineering partners, define and iteratively develop the cross-channel experiences for our customers. We highly value curiosity, innovative thinking, risk-taking, story-telling, measurement, analytics, and above all, a maniacal focus on our customer (the home shopper). If you want to work in an incredibly fast-paced and innovative environment, come join us!
OJO Labs is looking for a Senior Product Designer to impact thousands of consumer home shoppers and real estate agents by joining the OJO “Nucleus” Consumer Engagement Team. Together you will shape the way OJO’s service experience leverages a combination of technology-driven decision making and a 360° view of our customer to assist our Customer Experience Representatives (CERs) and Personal Concierges to deliver a better real estate experience to every customer. Using rapid iteration, and A/B testing protocols, you will work closely within a collaborative cross-functional team environment, to create internal tools and complimentary consumer-facing digital experiences that make buying a new home easier and more possible.
What you'll do:
- Work closely with the product managers and engineers of our “Nucleus” Consumer Engagement Team as well as our CER and Concierge operations teams, to define the service experience and corresponding tools that will deliver on OJO’s vision of a better and more equitable homebuying experience
- Partner with these cross-functional teams to leverage analytics, user feedback, and input from multiple stakeholders - to identify problems and define goals that inform the Nucleus product strategy, and ladder into OJO's overall company strategy
- Map product requirements to design elegant internal tools and consumer-facing user flows, prototype interactions across mobile and desktop platforms
- Assisting PMs and Engineers in ticket definition - working within an Agile environment
- Deliver production ready designs for development and collaborate directly with engineers to support an iterative product development process
What we need from you:
- Designing products with an end-to-end “big picture” service experience in mind, knowing that it’s not just the pixels, but the people - who deliver a great UX
- Having a strong voice to inform the strategy of an entire service experience and supporting products
- Collaboratively shipping and iterating-on primarily productivity-tool-based products and features for desktop, extra points for consumer-facing Web and mWeb solutions
- Facilitating and leading ideation and managing design compromises with team members
- Participating-in or leading user research/testing with product users
- Solving complex design problems that touch multiple systems and teams
- Balancing multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment and striking the balance between sketches, process flows, wireframes, Lo-fi & hi-fi prototypes
- Communicating complex ideas or concepts to non-tech, non-design folks and stakeholders of large national brands
- Defining Brand Guidelines and robust Design Systems that inform and lead others
- Tapping into knowledge of current design tools with the ability to work in Figma
- Leveraging your 5 + years of experience designing consumer-facing products
Nice to Haves:
- Knowledge of synchronous and asynchronous customer engagement tools - e.g. (customer support, leveraging multiple communication channels - phone, text, email - manual and automated
- Knowledge of real estate industry
- Experience designing mobile applications
- Experience designing for scale (SaaS, or other models)
What do we have to offer?
- You get to work with the best of the best
- A collaborative, respectful environment where your voice will always be heard
- Competitive Salaries
- Stock options
- Unlimited/Open PTO Policy
- Hip SoCo Austin Office
- Dog-Friendly Workplace
- Commuter Stipend or Free Parking
- 70% Coverage of Employee and Dependent Health Premiums
- Promote from Within Philosophy
- Volunteer Program
- Optimum Workspace Subsidy
- Many More – We have a whole team dedicated to making OJO an awesome place to work!
Who is OJO?
We are an Austin-based, technology startup focused on fundamentally improving the way people make their most important decisions through the fusion of machine and human intelligence. With offices in Austin, TX, Minneapolis, MN and Vieux Fort, St. Lucia, we have over 350 employees globally. We are continuously named a Top Place to Work and have recently been awarded Austin Inno’s “50 on Fire” award which recognizes the hottest startups in Austin. Backed by top-tier VCs and industry veterans, we have managed to hire the best technical, product and operational minds to pursue this incredible opportunity. We know we’re onto something big and everyone on our team has a significant impact on our evolving product, team and culture.
OJO is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.