Senior Product Designer, UX
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce is looking for a talented Senior UX Product Designer to join our team. In this position, you will partner with fellow designers, product managers and engineering teams to craft human-centered product experiences that empower our merchants to sell more.
This is an exciting opportunity to be both strategic about product vision and hands-on in the development of user experience. As a member of the Catalog & Channels team you’ll be empowering our merchants to sell their products on Amazon, Facebook, Instagram and beyond. As a member of BigCommerce Design, you’ll help grow a budding global design culture.
What you’ll do:
- Use empathy and design thinking to create user-centric solutions for complex UX problems
- Drive user research and discovery workshops to generate insights and define problem statements
- In collaboration with product management and engineering, define UX strategies for new product experiences
- Lead and execute design across the entire product lifecycle and multiple product
- Collaborate with UX and visual designers from other teams and offices to ensure our solutions are consistent and familiar
- Lead user-based research to ensure our product meets market, user, and design quality-markers
- Contribute to our Design Language System and React component library
- Own all aspects of the design process from concept to execution
Who You Are:
- Collaborative. You understand that solving problems for our users is a team sport.
- A systems thinker. You understand how to define guidelines with both the structure and flexibility needed to make all functional areas of the product desirable and usable.
- Self-driven. You have superior organizational skills, integrity and great follow through on tasks. You don't get overwhelmed easily
- Naturally curious. You're innovative, extremely creative and constantly looking for ways to tweak and optimize the process
- Fun. You're a charismatic people person who can talk to anyone; you're flexible, fearless, and excited to help build something awesome
- Pragmatic. You appreciate the latest design trends but can easily filter out what is and isn’t useful to your audience. You can look at your design solution and determine what is integral to the experience what are ‘bells and whistles
- Motivated. You understand the impact of a highly-satisfied, excited crew; you are slightly obsessive-compulsive about building strong relationships through candid conversation.
- A utility player. You're willing to help out wherever needed
Skills and Ability
- Experience with user research and conducting user interviews
- Demonstrated understanding of end-to-end design process from discovery to execution, information architecture, user experience, and interaction design
- Experience delivering large-scale, integrated solutions for SaaS or complex enterprise applications
- Ability to multitask, working on several projects at once with careful attention to detail.
- Knowledge of design tools like Figma, Sketch and FullStory
- Proven experience in working in an Scrum or Agile framework
- Comfort in ambiguity
Preferred Experience & Qualifications:
- 5+ years’ experience product or software design; eCommerce experience is ideal, but not required
- Degree in Human Computer Interaction, Information Design, Communication Design, or a related design or behavioral science discipline
- Demonstrated understanding of information architecture, user experience, and interaction design
- Excellent verbal and visual communication skills
- Demonstrated excellence delivering large-scale, integrated solutions
- Ability to multitask, working on several projects at once with careful attention to detail
- A portfolio that demonstrates experience designing user interfaces and interactions
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.