Senior Product Designer
We're looking for a passionate and seasoned designer to join our team as we design and improve upon our "Smart Social" Platform. You should have a start-up mentality, be comfortable taking smart risks, solve important problems, and be able to adapt and iterate quickly with your product team. We are looking for a top-notch designer who is passionate about social, understands enterprise software and is ready to roll up their sleeves and make a difference.
As a Senior Product Designer you will be responsible for evolving and creating new enterprise social management applications. You are a software designer at heart, who appreciates that designing software is about designing for the optimal user experience, which starts with a strong foundation of understanding user needs and behavior. You strive to design intuitive workflows, thoughtful interactions and beautiful user interfaces.
- Working as a co-owner with your Product Management and Engineering counterparts together you will drive the product vision.
- You will work closely with Product Manager to translate business goals into engaging products. You will conduct user research to build empathy around our customer’s needs and pain points, and then synthesize the findings and develop actionable insights for your product team.
- Working both independently and in collaboration with the Product Design team, you will concept, design, and prototype software experiences for our customers that are intuitive and engaging.
- You will work hand in hand with Engineering to ensure designs are implemented as designed. You will ensure proper use of already designed and implemented components of the user experience and work with the broader Product Design team to extend the design language and workflow patterns, as required.
- Bachelors or higher degree in Design / related field, or equivalent work experience required
- 5+ years experience designing web-based software experiences
- Expert understanding of user-centered design methods and best practices
- Portfolio of work showcasing your diverse experience at each stage in the design process
- Willingness to function as an individual contributor, creating product design deliverables
- Experience conducting user research (i.e. observational customer interviews; usability testing)
- Produce user requirements and insights documentation (i.e. personas and user scenarios)
- Ability to create storyboards, sketches and prototypes to map out the desired experience
- Prototyping (we do it everyday) is an integral part of your process
- Strong visual design skills to further establish the overall design direction for our products
- Deep knowledge in front-end web technologies
- Ability and desire to clearly communicate your ideas to a wide variety of key stakeholders
- Team player – you consistently demonstrate respect for others and enjoy collaboration
- Positive attitude and a desire to learn
Nice to Haves:
- Experience leading other designers; good management skills
- Mobile and responsive design experience
- Hands on experience with front-end web technologies
- Design for Social Media Management software
- Experience working with Marketing and Business Teams on product releases
The Perks at Spredfast
- An incredible work environment – fun, casual, fast-paced environment with endless ping pong
- A #freesponsibility work culture that values #awesomeness and #teamswork
- Swank offices in the heart of downtown Austin
- Health, dental, vision, disability, and 401K benefits
- Flexible paid time off
- Fresh, healthy lunches catered four days a week
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
Spredfast is a social software company and platform, headquartered in Austin, Texas with offices in New York City, London, Hamburg, and Sydney, that seeks to connect every company in the world with the people that they care about the most. Spredfast’s “Smart Social” software enables companies to manage, integrate, and amplify social content across any digital touch point. With global reach, Spredfast customers have managed more than one billion social connections across 84 countries. Today, Spredfast helps more than fifty percent of Interbrand’s 2015 World’s Best Brands to create first-class social experiences.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Spredfast, Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Spredfast via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Spredfast. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Spredfast as a result of the referral or through other means.
Notice to Applicants:
We reserve the right to research relevant facts about you which are public on social media platforms or other sources over the Internet. We will retain such data only as long as reasonably needed.