Senior Product Designer
What You'll Bring
- You’ll contribute towards significant, product-defining features within your first few weeks, tackling design research, user experience and interface design while taking on more responsibility as quickly as you can.
- You’ll develop deep expertise in key aspects of our product, users, design systems and brand over your first few months, establishing yourself as a design leader on the team and growing our continuous improvement culture.
- You’ll drive improvements to design processes through implemented systems and an understanding of best practices and ideologies that will be utilized across the design and product teams.
- You’ll thrive as someone who learns quickly, works well independently and with others, and above all gets stuff done. We are a product development team that moves fast, values failure when it teaches us something, and wants people to solve problems.
- You are committed to quality. You’re a strong advocate for usability, a pixel-perfectionist with visual design, and care deeply about working on experiences that improve the users’ experience as well as grow the business. Most likely, you’re a natural problem solver and expert communicator with a strong eye for design.
- You should be someone who will become passionate about our product and its success. You want to understand our business model and our users, then use that understanding to help make our product the best it can be.
What We're Looking For
- 4+ years of professional work in product design
- Ability to design projects across the entire product lifecycle and for both web and mobile functionality
- Experience leading in design research to include user feedback, checking available data resources and staying on top of current and accepted design patterns
- An exceptional portfolio that displays proficiency is user interface design and basic visual design principles
- Experience working in an early stage or growth stage software company
- Proven demonstration of your design thinking and problem solving skills
- Confidence to ask tough questions and take ownership in pushing product boundaries with the intention of always improving the product
- Experience working alongside designers, product managers, engineering and leadership in a highly collaborative environment
- An interest in the energy industry and other industrial verticals
- Experience designing online marketplaces
- Experience establishing pattern and component libraries for a design team
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary with 100% company-paid health insurance
- 401k with generous company match
- Flexible work schedule and vacation policy
- Great office in downtown Austin with fully stocked kitchen and optional standing desks
- Catered team meals