Senior Product Designer
Who We Are
Bestow is a digital life insurance company built on full stack technology and AI. In a world in need of greater financial resilience and protection, Bestow democratizes access to smart financial products and powers some of the world’s leading consumer platforms. We are reimagining and rebuilding a 400-year-old, $7 trillion industry to create a brighter future for millions of families. And we’re just getting started.
The Bestow team is a diverse band of first principles thinkers on a mission to do good. We’re fortunate to be backed by leading investors and partners including Valar Ventures, NEA, 8VC and MunichRe.
Who We’re Looking For
We are looking for a driven, entrepreneurial-minded Design leader who is ready to make a big impact at one of the fastest-growing tech startups in Texas.
As a Senior Product Designer, you are a data and empathy-informed “solutioneer.” You think in worst-case-scenarios and look beyond the four walls of Bestow to solve them. You are successful at your job when you are consistently looking for new ways to optimize for and endear ourselves to users showing it though NPS, conversion rate and other key metrics.
Do you thrive on solving difficult challenges with a healthy mix of data and empathy? Are you willing to challenge long-held assumptions and willing to be the advocate for what’s “better?” If so, we'd love to hear from you.
What you can expect to work on:
- Solve Problems. Your success at Bestow is significantly influenced by your ability to solve complex, often ambiguous product problems, from research to validation, to implementation of your solution for development.
- Understand Users. Your ability to use data, insights and user research and translate it to tangible solutions is key to doing your job as a Senior Product Designer.
- Validation of Features and Requests. Working with product managers, you will be tasked with ensuring the usefulness of a given feature or request to the intended audience of users. This would include but not be limited to user research, usability testing, and analysis of data after a feature is launched. As Senior Designer, you’ll be expected to produce testable and functional design prototypes and work closely with Design Lead to synthesize findings of usability testing.
- Produce Design Deliverables. At Bestow all of our product designers are asked to produce all artifacts associated with each phase of the design process at a high level of quality. This includes wireframes, high-fidelity visual design as well as clickable prototypes. As Senior Product Designer you’ll be expected to ensure the quality of your work and help other designers maintain a high standard of work.
What You'll Need
- 4+ years of industry experience in digital product design
- Passion for user-focused design
- Strong visual and interaction design abilities and a portfolio that shows it
- A sense of deep empathy for user problems to create elegant but practical solutions
- Thorough knowledge and experience across a range of design approaches, methodologies, and lo-fi & high-fi prototyping skills
- Initiative in identifying problems and act on opportunities to improve the product offering
- Strong written & verbal communication and presentation skillsCollaboration skills across disciplines to drive change into products
- Ability to manage and work on multiple projects concurrently
- Experience working in Design Systems Fluent in modern design software and prototyping workflows such as Sketch, Abstract, and Figma
- Bonus Points: Experience with Design research and a working knowledge of front-end development and/or a degree in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI)/Product Design/Human Factors/Design
What You'll Get
- Competitive salary
- Generous PTO
- Flexible schedule and work/life balance
- 100% company-paid health, dental, and vision insurance
- Choose your own computer setup (Mac or PC)
- Office snacks and weekly team lunches
- Team building events and activities
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bestow does not currently sponsor applicants for work visas.
Read Full Job Description