Senior Product Designer at Bestow
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:03 p.m. (CST) on Friday, April 3, 2020
Who We Are
Bestow is a digital life insurance company built on full stack technology and AI. In a world in need of greater financial resilience and protection, Bestow democratizes access to smart financial products and powers some of the world’s leading consumer platforms. We are reimagining and rebuilding a 400-year-old, $7 trillion industry to create a brighter future for millions of families. And we’re just getting started.
The Bestow team is a diverse band of first principles thinkers on a mission to do good. We’re fortunate to be backed by leading investors and partners including Valar Ventures, NEA, 8VC and MunichRe.
We are hiring in Austin or Dallas, TX.
Who We're Looking For
We are looking for a driven, entrepreneurial-minded digital product leader who is ready to make a big impact at one of the fastest-growing tech startups in Texas.
As a Senior Product Designer, you are an empathetic, data-informed "solutioneer." You think in worst-case-scenarios and look beyond the four walls of Bestow to solve them. You are successful at your job when you are consistently looking for new ways to optimize for and endear ourselves to users and have the results to show for it.
Do you thrive on finding intuitive solutions to difficult challenges with a healthy mix of data and user research? Are you willing to challenge long-held assumptions? Do frustrating user experiences keep you up at night? Are you ready to use your design powers to help democratize financial stability for millions of Americans? If so, we'd love to hear from you.
What you can expect to work on:
Solve Problems. To be successful at Bestow, you should be able to solve complex, often ambiguous product problems at all phases of the product development lifecycle, including research to validation, to implementation of your solution for development.
Understand Users. Your ability to use data, insights, and user research and translate it to tangible solutions is key to doing your job as a Senior Product Designer.
Validation of Features and Requests. Working with product managers, you will be tasked with ensuring the usefulness of a given feature or request to the intended audience of users. Doing so would include but not be limited to user research, usability testing, and analysis of data after a feature launches. As Senior Designer, you'll be expected to produce testable and functional design prototypes and work closely with Design Lead to synthesize findings of usability testing.
Produce Design Deliverables. At Bestow, all of our product designers produce artifacts associated with every phase of the design process at a high level of quality. These include wireframes, high-fidelity visual design as well as clickable prototypes. As Senior Product Designer, you'll be expected to ensure the quality of your work and help other designers maintain a high standard of work.
What You Will Need:
- 4+ years of industry experience in digital product design
- Passion for user-focused design
- Strong visual and interaction design abilities and a portfolio that shows it
- A sense of deep empathy for user problems to create elegant but practical solutions
- Thorough knowledge and experience across a range of design approaches, methodologies, and lo-fi & high-fi prototyping skills
- Initiative in identifying issues and act on opportunities to improve the product offering
- Effective written & verbal communication and presentation skills
- Collaboration skills across disciplines to drive change into products
- Ability to manage and work on multiple projects concurrently
- Fluent in modern design software and prototyping workflows such as Sketch, Abstract, and Figma.
- Bonus Points: Experience with Design research and a working knowledge of front-end development and/or a degree in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI)/Product Design/Human Factors/Design
What You'll Get
- Competitive salary
- Generous PTO
- Flexible schedule and work/life balance
- 100% company-paid health, dental, and vision insurance
- Choose your own computer setup (Mac or PC)
- Office snacks and weekly team lunches
- Team building events and activities
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bestow does not currently sponsor applicants for work visas.
Read Full Job Description