Senior Product Designer at Khoros
At Khoros, our passion is to help the world's best brands create customers for life. We build products we're proud of, and we're passionate about customer success. As part of the Vista Equity family, you'll receive best in class development opportunities and the ability to work with customers like Samsung, HP, Sony and Visa.
As a Senior Product Designer you will be responsible for creating enterprise social management applications. You are a software designer at heart, who appreciates that designing software is about designing for the optimal user experience, which starts with a strong foundation of understanding customer needs and user behavior. You strive to design intuitive workflows, thoughtful interactions and beautiful user interfaces.
The Khoros engagement platform comprises Online Community, Social Media Management and Messaging products for social customer service, social support and social media marketing teams to listen, respond and act on customer conversations – creating deep relationships and fostering brand loyalty and advocacy.
The best Fortune 1000 companies in the world trust Khoros to help them build closer, more personalized and trusted relationships with their customers. Some of our clients: HP, Samsung, and LiveNation (to name a few). We are a Vista Equity Partners portfolio company, growing fast and adding new products to our platform organically and inorganically.
Some responsibilities include:
- Working as a co-owner with your Product Management and Engineering counterparts, together you will drive the product vision.
- You will work closely with Product Management to translate business goals into engaging products. You will conduct user research to build empathy around our customer's needs and pain points, and then synthesize the findings and develop actionable insights for your product team.
- Working both independently and in collaboration with the Product Design team, you will concept, design, and prototype software experiences for our customers that are intuitive and engaging.
- You will work hand in hand with Engineering to ensure designs are implemented as designed. You will ensure proper use of already designed and implemented components of the user experience and work with the broader Product Design team to extend the design language and workflow patterns, as required.
- Bachelors or higher degree in Design / related field, or equivalent work experience required
- 5+ years experience designing web-based software experiences
- Expert understanding of user-centered design methods and best practices
- Portfolio of work showcasing your diverse experience at each stage in the design process
- Willingness to function as an individual contributor, creating product design deliverables
- Experience conducting user research (i.e. observational customer interviews; usability testing)
- Produce user requirements and insights documentation (i.e. personas and user scenarios)
- Ability to create storyboards, sketches and prototypes to map out the desired experience
- Prototyping (we do it everyday) is an integral part of your process
- Strong visual design skills to further establish the overall design direction for our products
- Ability and desire to clearly communicate your ideas to a wide variety of key stakeholders
Nice to haves:
- Experience leading other designers; good management skills
- Mobile and responsive design experience
- Hands on experience with front-end web technologies
- Design for Social Media Management software
- Experience working with Marketing and Business Teams on product releases