Senior Product Designer at GoDaddy
GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. Our mission is to empower entrepreneurs everywhere, making opportunity more inclusive for all. We're a trusted growth partner to over 19 million everyday entrepreneurs worldwide. We're empowering them to change the world if it doesn't quite fit them. To make their idea real. To grow it online. We help them do what they've been dreaming of and make the world they want. To learn more about us visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Your manager is in Scottsdale, AZ, but you’ll be working from any of our GoDaddy offices.
What you'll get to do...
As Senior User Experience Designer you will be leading the design efforts of GoDaddy’s Presence team. To be successful in this role, you should have in-depth knowledge of design systems, strong visual design style, and layout techniques. We are seeking someone that can think through complicated design systems and challenge existing constraints. This person should also have experience executing design projects from conception to production, delivering high-quality pieces on tight deadlines, as well as defining and implementing success metrics.
- Serve as the design lead for GoDaddy’s Online Presence Audience
- Craft Engaging Experiences - Support the customers’ needs and our business objectives by solving problems in unusual and innovative ways.
- Communicate and Collaborate - You understand technical limitations, where to take liberties and how to communicate with engineers, product managers, designers, researchers and writers across different teams and offices.
- Design for Scale - Create experiences across multiple touch points, mediums, products, regions and customers without sacrificing consistency and simplicity.
- Prototype, Test, Iterate - Be comfortable concepting, working in low fidelity and high fidelity as well as testing, learning and iterating on designs.
- Define & Document - Create artifacts that articulate our users needs, product principles and design details necessary to bring something to life with our engineers
- Mentor, Lead, Inspire - Your team, other designers, and the larger GoDaddy design community
- Contribute and Invest - In our growing design community as well as customer research and discovery activities
- Actively lead multiple projects, from start to finish, to meet priorities and requirements in an agile environment
Your experience should include...
- A rock-solid portfolio that demonstrates skills in user experience and interaction design
- A deep understanding of what makes an experience good or bad and can communicate why
- Strong visual design and prototyping skills
- Self starter who wants to make GoDaddy’s applications visually appealing and easy to use
- Strong understanding of the web, web apps, responsive design and native mobile applications
- Deep understanding of design tools like: Sketch, Figma, Framer, InVision
- Expert communicator - able to encourage and sell a vision
- Experience with micro-interactions and animations
- Experience with UX writing, micro-copy and why content is important
- Experience with user research and usability testing methods
- Experience collaborating with multi-functional teams including product, engineering, marketing and end user groups
- A passion for small businesses
- At least 6 years' related industry experience
We've got your back...
Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at [email protected]
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.