Senior Product Designer at A Cloud Guru
VISUALISE | INNOVATE | ITERATE
We’re seeking a creative problem solver that can tackle complex challenges and deliver an impactful, delightful product to B2B customers. As a Senior Product Designer at A Cloud Guru, you'll get the chance to innovate new ways to deliver the most for our customers while working cross functionally to create a more holistic design experience, contributing to our Design System and other practices. As well as delivering clear and intuitive user experiences, you'll also get the chance to use data visualisation to help communicate and discover customer pain points. If this sounds like something you'd love to learn more about - please read on and apply below!Hello, we're A Cloud Guru
Our friends call us ACG.
A Cloud Guru was built by engineers for everyone, everywhere. Here, you’ll have the freedom to follow your curiosity. We’re not afraid to just try, because when you’re working with cutting edge technologies, experimentation and trying out new ideas have to be encouraged and celebrated. Our engineers are building the world’s largest (and most awesome) cloud learning platform. Why? Our mission is to teach the world to cloud. Our fun, practical courses have helped over 1.5 million people learn to cloud, and we’re just getting started.
We’re not a training company that just decided to sell training courses. We grew up out of the cloud ecosystem. We were a bunch of cloud engineers who pulled people together to create a training platform. That’s why we’re genuinely passionate about what we create. And we are known for practicing what we preach.What makes the Product & Engineering team awesome...
Learning to cloud means unlocking a world of possibilities for our students. Using the latest tech, we design the tools to teach people cloud faster and better. The team is talented (and a little quirky), and we’re all in it together.
- Cutting-edge tech We’ve built a product using cloud-first Serverless Architecture with tools like Lambda, API Gateway, GraphQL and ReactJS.
- Founded by engineers Having a CEO who’s also an engineer is nice — he knows the effort it takes to make things awesome.
- We don’t bite We’re friendly, down-to-earth, and collaborative. There are no high-performing jerks and no heroes. Just great teams.
- Hungry and humble We’re dedicated to learning all the things to create the best product possible.
If you're down to earth and enjoy a laugh while also working hard you'll love it here. - Joanna, Avocado to Guac Ratio Guru (and Product Manager)As a Senior Product Designer at ACG, you’ll get to:
- Work closely with Product & Engineering to identify and deliver key product experiences, whilst balancing continuous improvement of existing features
- Ideate, hypothesise and rapidly test solutions to validate customer understanding
- Produce prototypes, wireframes and hi-fidelity designs to communicate and discuss concepts with internal and external stakeholders
- Visualise data to communicate important insights in a digestible and delightful way
- Take complex product processes and interactions and transform them into streamlined and intuitive experiences
- Effectively collaborate between teams and departments to ensure consistency of outcomes and processes.
- Represent design and the voice of the customer in your product team
- Clearly articulate designs with appropriate context clearly and effectively with both internal and external stakeholders
- Design and help other designers to incorporate brand in every part of the product experience, to ensure an enjoyable and consistent learning experience
- Contribute to weekly rituals; stand-ups, sprint planning, retros
- Drive product design initiatives to evolve the practice. This might include rituals, Design Operations, Design Systems or Research practices & processes
- Think holistically about Product at ACG - how content and product fit together to provide a world class learning experience or our customers
We focus on hiring values-aligned people, because we believe the right person can learn all the things to be successful in their role. Self-belief plays a big part in what you apply for. We encourage all job applicants to apply even if they are nervous to do so. Uni degrees aren't required for any roles, and career gaps or switches are totally welcome.
- 5+ years experience in software Product Design
- Proven track record of working within a team to ship successful products to users
- Proven expertise facilitating workshops and leading meetings
- Experience creating intuitive, inclusive and beautifully designed products.
- Proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as Figma, Sketch, Framer, and Principle
- Understanding of data visualisation and/or dashboard design
- Experience interpreting and utilising customer data to influence design outcomes
- Experience working with and contributing to design systems
- Strong collaboration, communication and stakeholder management skills, both synchronously and asynchronously
- A continuous learning mindset, particular to gaining a deeper understanding of product design best practices and tooling
- Can demonstrate their experience with prioritising work, making trade offs, and ensuring goals are aligned with the product and business
We want the people who care about doing a good job. The ones who have the humility and hunger to learn. - Sam Kroonenburg, Co-Founder and CEOMore than a job
Where you work isn’t just a career decision — it’s a life decision. We get it. That’s why we want all of our Gurus to feel a sense of belonging that comes from feeling supported in all areas of their lives. Everyone has family, friends and interests outside of their careers, so we offer perks and benefits to make work, work better for you.
- 5 weeks paid time off. Whether it’s hiking to a waterfall or bonding with your couch, we all need time to unplug
- Gender-neutral paid parental leave. We offer 8 weeks of gender-neutral paid parental leave
- USD $250 quarterly education budget. All Gurus get USD $250 to spend on professional development every quarter
- 2 hours each week reserved for learning. Every Friday for 2 hours, we put down our normal work and spend time learning something new
- Salary Packaging. Our salary packaging benefit allows you to pay for certain everyday expenses, like your car lease or new laptop, with pre-tax dollars
- 5 mins from Flinders Street Station. Commuting is a breeze when the office is a 5 minute walk from Flinders Street Station
- Stocked kitchen. Lunches are catered twice a week, and our kitchen stays stocked with carb free, lactose free, and vegan friendly options
- Get certified on us. A Cloud Guru will cover the cost of sitting all industry cloud certifications
The A Cloud Guru team has grown a lot since it was just two brothers with a dream of teaching the world to cloud! We now employ gurus in 30 states of the USA as well as certain states in Australia and the UK. For the time being that’s as far as we can go. We won’t bore you with the details, but setting up the extra operations we would need to employ people in new states or countries is a little bit more expensive than replicating your database in another AZ, if you know what we mean. So as much as we would love to have staff in as many countries as we have students, we are only opening this role to applicants in areas we currently have operations.
This role is available to applicants in either Victoria or Queensland, Australia.What’s the interview process like at ACG?
Applying for a job can feel intimidating and like a full-time job of its own. You shouldn’t have to burn through a week of sick time or all your best out-of-office excuses just to put feelers out for a new career opportunity. It’s our goal to provide you a fair, efficient interviewing experience that respects you and your time — and to do it all with a touch of delight.
Once you submit an application, we’ll review it. If you’re a good fit, you’ll have an initial chat with a recruiter over the phone. A phone interview with a manager typically follows. Depending on your role, you might then be asked to do a little homework (but nothing too time consuming). Then we’ll schedule a Zoom call to meet other members of the team, answer any questions you have, and give you a feel for what it’s really like to work at ACG. If you're on the fence, just give it a try.
Keep being awesome, cloud gurus!