Care.com is a consumer tech company with heart. We’re on a mission to solve a human challenge we all face: finding great care for the ones we love. We’re moms and dads and pet parents. We have parents and grandparents so we understand that everyone, at some point in their lives, could use a helping hand. Our culture and our products reflect that.
Here, entrepreneurs, self-starters, team players, and big thinkers unite behind a common cause. Here, we’re applying data analytics, AI, and the latest technologies to solve universal problems and connect people in new ways. If you like having autonomy, if you thrive on collaboration and building new things, and if you’re all about using your talent for good, Care.com is the place for you.
What Your Days Will Be Like:
Care.com is seeking a Senior Product Designer who has the ability to think big at a strategic level, but also possesses an incredible eye for detail and strives to create quality-crafted experiences. This person must be comfortable with ambiguity and thrives in a fast-paced, ego-free, highly collaborative environment. We value leaders who are people-focused, data-driven, have a growth mindset and are passionate about delighting the customer.
What You’ll Be Working on:
- Be an advocate for design thinking and user-centered design. Facilitate design sprints, UCD workshops, and brainstorm sessions amongst cross-functional teams.
- Strategize, collaborate, and contribute to all aspects of the product, mobile, and web design - from paper prototyping and initial concepts to interactive prototypes, wireframes, and pixel-perfect Sketch & Figma comps.
- Translate business requirements into scalable, delightful, and elegantly simple solutions.
- Validate designs by testing concepts early and often.
- Ensure designs move gracefully between platforms, adjusting solutions as needed from platform to platform, understanding, and working within constraints.
- Manage work to strategy, scope, and deadlines in a fast-paced environment, against shifting priorities.
- Present and communicate proposed solutions clearly and confidently.
- Streamline design and product development processes and workflows, so as to accelerate the efficiency and effectiveness of the team.
- Raise the quality of the work produced by the Design team in terms of consistency of the brand and experience, usability, and visual polish.
- Mentor junior designers.
- Partner with Product Management, Engineering, and Data Science to effectively define and execute the roadmap.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- 6 + years of hands-on product design experience, successfully launching and iterating on products for responsive web, mobile web, and smartphone applications.
- Experienced in communicating designs through task flows, wireframes, mock-ups, and interactive prototypes.
- Experienced in conducting qualitative and quantitative user research. Familiarity with using and creating personas, user journeys, and empathy maps.
- Experienced in mentoring junior team members and directing their design work.
- Strong design and presentation skills with an outstanding portfolio of relevant design work that clearly demonstrates your experiences, thought processes, impact, and learnings.
- Demonstrated ability to balance speed, quality, and scalability.
- Proven track record of fostering trusted partnerships with Product Managers, Engineers, and Data Analysts.
- Expert level mastery of Figma/Sketch, InVision, and Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop and Illustrator. Principle, After Effects, and Zeplin is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with demonstrated ability to present, advocate for, and build consensus amongst senior leaders and stakeholders.
- Expert understanding of modern web and mobile best practices.
- Ability to concept and rapidly execute compelling visual designs and hi-fidelity mock-ups with strong attention to pixel-level detail.
For a list of our Perks + Benefits, click here!
**Care.com supports diverse families and communities and seeks employees who are just as diverse. As an equal opportunity employer, Care.com recognizes the power of a diverse and inclusive workforce and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds. Care.com is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation, please reach out to [email protected]**
Available in more than 20 countries, Care.com is the world's leading platform for finding and managing high-quality family care. Care.com is designed to meet the evolving needs of today's families and caregivers, offering everything from household tax and payroll services and customized corporate benefits packages covering the care needs of working families, to innovating new ways for caregivers to be paid and obtain professional benefits. Since 2007, families have relied on Care.com's industry-leading products—from child and elder care to pet care and home care. Care.com is an IAC company (NASDAQ: IAC).