Senior Product Designer at A Cloud Guru
IDEATE | INNOVATE | ITERATE
We're hiring a Senior Product Designer to help build the future of online technical skill development. You'll join our growing US based team where you will work cross functionally to design and deliver cloud training content to our customers. Designers play a vital role at A Cloud Guru. We think deeply, collaborate regularly, listen well, and can sling a good pun. If you love building great products, working with fun people, and solving real problems for passionate users, send us a friendly "howdy," with links to your work and experience.Hello, we're A Cloud Guru
Our friends call us ACG.
A Cloud Guru is the largest online cloud skills development platform on the planet. We make engaging online training packed with personality and slick presentation for an experience more like firing up Netflix, less like a stuffy classroom. We are 100% grounded in what's right for the customer and the customer experience. That gives us the confidence to be bolder, more playful, and more genuine than other companies. It's all about leaving everything we touch just a little bit more awesome.
There aren't many company cultures like A Cloud Guru's in the world. This year, we were awarded the #1 Place to work in Austin, as well as Best Company Culture and Best Companies for Diversity.What makes the Product team awesome...
We hold a high bar for product excellence. We’re always looking for creative ways to go above and beyond ‘good enough.’ From surprise pop ups to funny lines during loading, our product managers and designers know that putting that extra bit of effort makes learning awesome. Located in Australia and the US, our team creates best-in-class products for users all over the globe.
If you're down to earth and enjoy a laugh while also working hard you'll love it here. - Joanna, Avocado to Guac Ratio Guru (and Product Manager)As a Sr. Product Designer at ACG, you’ll get to:
- Work closely with Product & Engineering to identify and deliver key product experiences, while balancing continuous improvement of existing products
- Ideate, hypothesize and rapidly test solutions to validate customer understanding
- Produce prototypes, wireframes and hi-fidelity designs to communicate and discuss concepts with internal and external stakeholders
- Take complex product processes and interactions and transform them into streamlined and intuitive experiences
- Represent design and the voice of the customer in the product team
- Clearly articulate designs with appropriate context clearly and effectively with both internal and external stakeholders
- Design to incorporate brand in every part of the product experience, to ensure an enjoyable and consistent learning experience
- Contribute to weekly rituals; stand-ups, sprint planning, retros
- Collaborate with the Product Design team to contribute to improving systems of work such as Design Crits, Design Systems or Research practices & processes
- Mentor junior designers within the team
- Think holistically about Product at ACG - how content and product fit together to provide a world class learning experience for our customers
We focus on hiring values aligned people, because we believe the right person can learn all the things to be successful in their role. Self-confidence plays a big part in what you apply for. We encourage all job applicants to apply even if they are nervous to do so. College degrees aren't required for any roles, and career gaps or switches are totally welcome.
- 5+ years experience in software Product Design
- Experience creating intuitive, inclusive and beautifully designed products.
- Proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as Figma, Framer, and Principle
- Experience interpreting and utilizing customer data to influence design outcomes
- Demonstrable experience with prioritizing work, making trade offs, and ensuring goals are aligned with the product and business
- Strong collaboration, communication and stakeholder management skills, synchronously and asynchronously
- Experience consuming and contributing back to design systems
We want the people who care about doing a good job. The ones who have the humility and hunger to learn. - Sam Kroonenburg, Co-Founder and CEOMore than a job
Where you work isn’t just a career decision -- it’s a life decision. Everyone has family, friends and interests outside of their careers, so we offer perks and benefits to make work, work better for you.
- 4 weeks PTO, plus 10 sick days, and holidays. Because even when your office is your living room, we all need time to unplug.
- Remotely awesome. Get $500 to level up your home office, monthly snack boxes, free Headspace access, weekly lunch funds, and $50 monthly for internet.
- Human connection. Get to know the Gurus with good times and get-togethers inspired by our values, virtual happy hours, lunchtime trivia, or a socially distanced drive-in movie.
- Gender-neutral paid parental leave. Expanding your family? We offer 12 weeks of gender-neutral paid parental leave, and reimburse up to $10,000 for eligible adoption expenses.
- $1,000 continuing education budget. All Gurus get $250 a quarter to spend on personal development, and 2 hours each week reserved for learning something new.
Applying for a job can feel intimidating and like a full-time job of its own. You shouldn’t have to burn through a week of sick time or all your best out-of-office excuses just to put feelers out for a new career opportunity. We want to be as transparent about the process as possible to help ease your mind. It’s our goal to provide you a fair, efficient interviewing experience that respects you and your time — and to do it all with a sidecar of delight.
Once you submit an application, we’ll review it. If you’re a good fit, you’ll have an initial chat with a recruiter over the phone. A phone interview with a manager typically follows. Depending on your role, you might then be asked to do a little homework (but nothing too time consuming). Then we’ll schedule a Zoom call to meet other members of the team, answer any questions you have, and give you a feel for what it’s really like to work at ACG. If you're on the fence, just give it a try.
Keep being awesome, Cloud Gurus.