As the leading workforce management solution for the skilled trades, Workrise makes it easier for skilled laborers to find work, and for companies to find in-demand workers. Workrise currently operates in wind, solar, construction, oil and gas, and defense industries. We’re growing, and we’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Workrise is hiring a Senior Product Designer to define user problems and design solutions collaboratively within a product team. This individual must have experience as a product designer responsible for conducting usability studies and designing the UX/UI of a complex product.
Why Join us? The Workrise Design team includes Brand and Product Designers and Design Researchers. We’re open-minded, low-ego, and hard working. We’ve built a reputation for being force-multipliers by introducing new methods and ways of thinking to our teammates. Our designers influence big decisions through a test and learn mentality. Combining careful observation, thoughtful critique, and design expertise, we craft experiences that solve real problems for real people.
** Must submit a portfolio to be consideredWhat you’ll be doing:
- Collaborate with Designers, Engineers, Product Managers, and Stakeholders to define problems and work together to solve them
- Build a design community with a team of 10+ fellow designers
- Mentor other designers in methods, craft, presentation, and communication
- Translate complex user and business needs into simple, viable solutions
- Partner with developers to ensure that your designs are feasible
- Work within and contribute to our design system
What you should have:
- 5+ years of experience working in-house, embedded on a cross-functional product team
- Knowledge of design methods, innovation, ideation, storytelling, prototyping, design frameworks, concept visualization, problem-framing skills and design principles
- Comfort giving and receiving feedback, explaining reasoning behind your work
- Experience designing and validating end-to-end visuals and workflows
- Ability to lead usability studies and facilitate workshops
- Experience building mobile responsive web or native mobile applications
- Effective communication skills with the ability to convey ideas to diverse people and roles
- Experience working with ambiguity and complexity
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, largely autonomous environment
- Eager to solve problems in heavy industry
- Proficiency with Figma, Miro, and Zeroheight or similar tools
At Workrise you can feel good about your work and furthering our mission to serve those who do the hard work. We recognize that making an impact matters to you and we believe in providing an environment that fosters that ambition. We welcome you to develop relationships with coworkers by displaying our company values: Own the Mission, Learn and Grow, Solutions Over Ego, and Raise the Bar. In appreciation for your contributions, we support you with various health insurance plan options (including medical, dental, vision), flexible paid time off, and competitive 401k matching.
As a world-class employer, Workrise is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
In 2014, we set out to create a better way to get work done in the Oil & Gas industry. The goal — to build the most reliable and cost-effective workforce solution, using technology to make it easier to manage and deploy workers at scale. Over time, we’ve grown to serve construction, wind, solar, and defense.
We’re a Series E startup, backed by industry-leading investors Founders Fund, Bedrock Capital, Andreesen Horowitz, Baillie Gifford. To date, we’ve placed over 26,000 skilled tradespeople with over 500 businesses and are poised to grow exponentially over the coming months and years.
We’d love to share more through the interview process!