Senior Product Designer at Sysco LABS (Austin, TX)
Sysco LABS is a technology-focused division within Sysco, dedicated to reimagining foodservice through innovation. An extension of Sysco's commitment to deliver exceptional products and services to the foodservice industry, Sysco LABS uses customer and market intelligence, data-driven insights and agile technology development to rethink the entire foodservice ecosystem.
Our innovation will improve everything from the ordering process, inventory, pricing and automation to the in-restaurant customer experience. Operating with the mindset of a startup and backed by the authoritative expertise of an industry leader, Sysco LABS' mission is to improve the Sysco customer experience and consistently deliver cost savings and new innovations through technology.
Sysco LABS is growing fast, and we're searching for a creative and passionate Senior Product Designer to join our team in Austin. Are you excited to innovate on a remarkable user experience and products that are already changing foodservice? If so, Sysco LABS is an excellent place for you to work, to experiment, and to learn.
About the Role:
As a SR Product Designer, you will reimagine and craft a design that makes a difference to the customer experience. You will partner with product managers, researchers and designers to refine customer experiences. You will improve usability and expand on style guides. You will pursue various UX problems to find a solution.
Additionally, you will:
- Lead design projects across the entire product lifecycle and multiple product launches
- Partner with some facets of the business, contributing to the strategy and vision of product design.
- Ensure design alignment efforts across the organization and with stakeholders to create a fit with strategic vision and coordinate through execution.
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes, anticipating
- and prioritizing the needs stakeholders.
- Proactively brainstorm initial design concepts with cross-functional teams to being product requirements to fruition.
- Engage in user-based research throughout the design process.
- Represent the design team as a subject matter expert across
- cross-functional teams.
- Function as a project or initiative lead, ensuring a cohesive, high-quality product.
- Occasionally delegate tasks to junior members of the team. Mentor and guide junior members of the team.
- Edit and provide feedback on product materials to team
- Troubleshoot issues and obstacles independently and act as a first level of escalation support for the team.
- Maintain a presence in the broader Product Design community.
- Bachelor's degree in visual design, human-computer interaction, industrial design or related, or equivalent work experience.
- 8 years' experience in product design or related field.
- Experience with Sketch, Invision, Principle, Zeplin or comparable
- Experience in an agile development environment.
- 10 years' experience in visual design, human-computer
- interaction, industrial design or related field
- Design experience for mobile, tablet and web products.
- Experience delivering wireframes, prototypes and dev-ready
- high-fidelity designs.
- Experience in a start-up environment.
Perks at Sysco LABS:
- Competitive base & bonus packages
- Fun, casual, fast-paced work environment filled with talented colleagues
- Brand-new high-tech office space located in the heart of East 6th St, (walking distance to the MetroRail)
- Generous PTO policy
- Flexible work environment that encourages work/life balance
- Fully stocked break room & weekly catered lunch
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits and company 401(k) program
We embrace diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.