Senior UI/UX Designer – Austin, TX
Amherst is revolutionizing the way U.S. real estate is priced, managed and financed in order to unlock opportunities for all market participants. Driven by data, analytics and technology, Amherst has a 20-year history of anticipating where the next risks and opportunities are likely to emerge and designing actionable strategies for investors to capitalize on opportunities across residential real estate, commercial real estate and public securities. Amherst, along with its affiliates and subsidiaries, has more than 1,000 employees, $5 billion under management and approximately $15 billion under advisement and oversight. In 2019, Bungalo sold its 250th home, and Amherst managed it 25,000th home. To learn more, please visit www.amherst.com.
Our technology platform manages thousands of homes and billions of dollars of investment capital. The data and software required to handle such an operation is diverse. We build data infrastructure and tools to buy, renovate, and manage homes at scale. We build consumer brands and apps to lease and sell homes direct-to-consumer. We design, prototype, and roll-out IoT devices and smart home tech to help physically manage and solve important business operations.
Amherst employs a wide variety of tech to drive innovation in U.S. residential real estate. We are building RESTful microservices on serverless cloud infrastructures. Our tools and websites are built with React.js, Next.js, Material UI, and .NET. We build native and React Native iOS and Android apps. Our BI and data teams are using Hadoop, Hive, and Presto to create the data sets that power the business.
Most importantly, Amherst has a strong, tech friendly culture. We are looking for designers who are scrappy and fast, who focus on solutions not problems, and who aren’t afraid of a tough deadline. We want designers who have a high bar and love being part of a great team.
Amherst is looking for a proven UX Designer with strong UI/UX fundamentals and a sharp eye for details. We are interested in finding a designer who is a self-starter, with a proven track record and able to execute at a high level. Join a team of designers and developers striving to create the next wave of real estate tech.
Who You Are:
- A Real Pro. Creating detailed and unique designs the excite and en
- A Creative Thinker. You have a serious passion for producing beautiful, clean & unique designs.
- Hard Working. You aren’t afraid of a tough deadline.
- Meticulous. You take pride in your work.
- Knowledgeable. You deeply understand UI/UX guidelines.
- Team Player. You put team success first and have a high degree of personal character.
- Be a leader for best design practices
- Drive the design and push Amherst Consumer products to the next level
- Ship high-quality products across multiple platforms
- Bring overall guidance into the world of UI/UX for internal products
- Work with product owners to translate ideas into working products
- Work cross-functionally with other members of the Engineering Team
- Problem solve with engineers and product members on new features
- Prototyping tools a plus
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 8+ years’ experience driving design through high functioning, demanding product teams
- Passionate about user-centered design and the ability to zoom in on details, without losing sight of the big picture
- A natural collaborator, able to draw on the expertise of others and know how to navigate relationships
- Energetic personality and a strong ability to build strong relationships across team members,
- practices and stakeholders
- Experience in structuring and implementing initiatives at scale with design and product teams
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with team members of various fields
- Ability to operate independently
- Familiarity with agile development or related development methodology
- Exceptional at resolving conflicting priorities
- Experienced in creating, organizing, and maintaining documentation
- Experienced in problem-solving with creative solutions
- Experience leading and mentoring other designers
What We Offer:
Amherst’s WeWork office is located on Barton Springs Rd. near the heart of downtown Austin and within walking distance of Lady Bird Lake.
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO, 8 paid holidays
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings account)
- Stellar colleagues with proven track records
- Parking pass provided (parking located in the Palmer Events Center across the street)
- Free sodas, kombucha, cold brew, and snacks
- Monthly lunch stipends and breakfast tacos on Thursdays!
- Monthly/Weekly office events!
Amherst is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.