Senior User Experience Designer at Levelset
If you read the below description and feel this position excites you, but your experience does not add up 100%, we encourage you to still apply and tell us why! We look forward to learning what makes you passionate and purposeful.
Are you passionate about creating great user experiences within a product?
Is it an exciting challenge to translate product requirements into experiences that delight customers and alleviate real pain points, while driving key growth metrics? Do you enjoy exercising your creative and analytical muscles to innovate and achieve a well thought out and executed design vision?
Levelset is hiring a Senior User Experience Designer who will be instrumental in defining and shaping the future of Levelset design by driving a UX strategy across web and mobile that supports our growth strategy and provides the best customer experience possible.
If you have the right stuff to join us, you'll work among passionate professionals who are disrupting a $1 Trillion industry, in a fast-paced, rapidly growing, and professionally challenging environment. You’ll shape elegant features across products to help our users learn to better use Levelset and ensure fast and fair construction payments. You’ll craft insanely great experiences, while championing forward-thinking and needle-moving design.
This is a hands-on role and can be based in either New Orleans, LA or Austin, TX.
- Turn complex problems and business objectives into seamless user experiences that exceed customer expectations
- Spearhead the design of one or more products from end-to-end and be responsible for the impact and outcomes of those designs.
- Work in an agile environment alongside product team and business teams to implement designs.
- Collaborate with product management, product marketing, and engineering to execute against the product strategy and roadmap, and produce measurable results in support of key product metrics.
- Own the design aspect of software development executed by teams of product managers, UI designers, and engineers from initiation through delivery.
- Build strong relationships and rhythms with leaders inside and outside the product and engineering teams to champion great UX at Levelset and implement user experiences that are cohesive and well-informed.
- Conduct user interviews and gain a deep understanding of our customers to represent their needs and voice in the product development process. Facilitate brainstorms and engage cross-functional teams to promote design thinking and build a customer-centric culture within product and engineering.
- Leverage product analytics, usability studies, and other feedback mechanisms to understand customer behavior and motivations, deliver insights, and drive design decisions from those insights. Validate solutions.
- Work with product managers to review stories and functional requirements for new features and initiatives, and create deliverables including UX flows, storyboards, and wireframes that address the problem being solved and provide the best possible experience for our customers.
- Provide hands-on design assistance to your team as needed.
- 5+ years of experience in UX design and research across web and mobile applications.
- Portfolio of UX-focused work samples for web and mobile applications.
- Bachelor’s Degree or above in design, human-computer interaction, computer science business management, or related field or equivalent experience.
- Skilled in creating prototypes using industry-standard design tools like Balsamiq, InVision, Axure, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.
- Experience providing customer behavior insights to drive design decisions in a data-driven environment for B2B and/or B2C products.
- Experience conducting user interviews.
- Experience working iteratively in cross-functional, agile environments alongside a geographically diverse team.
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills.
Levelset has been named one of the "Best Places to Work" by New Orleans CityBusiness three years in a row for our mission-driven culture and commitment to internal and external growth. Backed by venture funding, we are growing rapidly and looking for new exciting team members to add their unique talents to our mission. We empower contractors to always get what they earn, and our software platform makes lien rights, payment paperwork, and compliance in the construction industry simple and stress-free, so contractors and suppliers can get paid faster, have easier access to capital, and less surprises.
Levelset is venture-backed by Horizons Ventures, S3 Ventures, Altos Ventures, and Brick & Mortar Ventures. Levelset is headquartered in New Orleans, Louisiana, with offices in Austin, Texas, and Cairo, Egypt, and is about 200 employees strong.
- We’re a rapidly growing team working on interesting and worthwhile problems
- With a newly distributed workforce, we make engagement and employee wellness even more of a priority. We want you to love your job!
- We believe professional growth (i.e. building your skills) is essential. Working here provides the opportunity for increased responsibility, continuous learning, and more.
- We have a very welcoming culture that starts at the top with our CEO.
- Nothing is a secret here, we think honesty and transparency create a productive workplace.
- Recognition for hard work and demonstrating our core values is important to us.
- Competitive health benefits, including mental, emotional, and behavioral health benefits and an easy to use Employee Assistance Program.
- Flexible sick & personal leave policy needed for health, family, and parenting during this tough time.
- Open vacation policy without a cap on the number of days-off. We do require employees to take a minimum of 5 days off in a row each year.
- Subsidized International Travel: We subsidize international travel starting at 6 months, and increasing each year
- Equity, per company’s general stock grant plan
- 401k account through Betterment which allows you to seamlessly save money for retirement directly from your paycheck
- Learning and Development Opportunities: in the spirit of our core value to Learn Enough, we offer a book reimbursement program. If you share what you learned from a book with the team, we'll reimburse you for it. We also provide ample room for learning and development opportunities through Coursera online courses, outside speakers, and opportunities to learn skills from your colleagues.
We are committed to fighting injustice throughout the construction industry, and fairness is key to our company's purpose. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate.