As the leading workforce management solution for the skilled trades, Workrise makes it easier for skilled laborers to find work, and for companies to find in-demand workers. Workrise currently operates in wind, solar, construction, oil and gas, and defense industries. We’re growing, and we’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Workrise is hiring a Senior User Researcher that will be responsible for leading and aligning user research activities across several teams. Our ideal candidate for this role will be someone who can take on large and small complex projects, thinks strategically about their research approach, and influences Workrise’s overall research strategy.
Why join us? Our User Research team at Workrise builds empathy for users, informs product direction and business strategies, and improves product usability. Our researchers understand constraints and creatively work with a variety of different teams and departments to educate and integrate user research insights into day-to-day operations.What you’ll be doing:
- Partner with product teams and cross-functional business partners to define, measure, and communicate user research insights, and see products through from ideation to production
- Work through the end-to-end research lifecycle, using mixed-methods for generative and evaluative research projects (study design, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting, communicating)
- Work closely with product teams to leverage qualitative and quantitative insights
- Plan and facilitate workshops and training sessions with cross-functional stakeholders
- Influence product strategy and roadmap, improve research process, and help shape a user-centered culture
- Advise product designers on evaluative research needs and usability testing plans
- Proven ability to conduct research (4+ years) and experience mentoring others in planning and conducting their own studies
- End-to-end experience with all aspects of the research lifecycle (study design, recruiting, moderation, analysis and synthesis, reportng, communicating, and budgeting)
- Experience with taking on and owning research operations
- Strong collaboration, communication and presentation skills
- A pragmatic approach to the application of research
- B2B background is a plus with challenging recruitment experience
- Experience conducting discovery research and testing features with English and Spanish speaking participants is a plus
(Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $110,000 + bonus + benefits
Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired into our offices in Colorado.
At Workrise you can feel good about your work and furthering our mission to serve those who do the hard work. We recognize that making an impact matters to you and we believe in providing an environment that fosters that ambition. We welcome you to develop relationships with coworkers by displaying our company values:
- Own the Mission
- Learn and Grow
- Solutions Over Ego
- Raise the Bar
In appreciation for your contributions, we support you with:
- Working alongside talented peers who will bring out the best in you
- The opportunity to significantly impact the growth curve of an already high-growth business
- Benefits for full-time employees, flexible paid time off, 401k with company matching, medical, dental and vision insurance
As a world-class employer, Workrise is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel belonging, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicity, disability, age, veteran status, and citizenship. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!Who we are:
In 2014, we set out to create a better way to get work done in the Oil & Gas industry. The goal — to build the most reliable and cost-effective workforce solution, using technology to make it easier to manage and deploy workers at scale. Over time, we’ve grown to serve construction, wind, solar, and defense.
We’re a Series E startup, backed by industry-leading investors Founders Fund, Bedrock Capital, Andreesen Horowitz, Baillie Gifford. To date, we’ve placed over 26,000 skilled tradespeople with over 500 businesses and are poised to grow exponentially over the coming months and years.
We’d love to share more through the interview process!