Senior UX Designer at Q2
Q2 is seeking an experienced Senior UX Designer with financial services or consumer application experience to join our Online Banking Product Team. We build stronger communities by strengthening their financial institutions, and the design team’s goal is to foster financial health for their customers through design. You will work on a product with 15M users and growing, which they use every day (> 1B logins per year). We are looking for a good communicator who enjoys developing, delivering, and sharing the full stack of UX requirements, from generative research to workflows, wireframes, and CSS tweaks; contributing to product strategy through the user experience. You will be collaborating with a motivated team of talented UX designers while contributing your unique skills and experience.
This position would be headquartered with our Design Studio in Austin TX, although we will consider full remote applicants.
- Lead design of our retail online banking product
- Transform ideas into valuable, usable software experiences across multiple devices
- Build interactive prototypes and mockups to effectively communicate the design patterns, product architecture and component functionality to internal and external team members, and to influence adoption and creation of new UI patterns
- Conduct formal and informal user research and testing of in-progress work, and assist in the implementation of user-based testing to provide optimization of existing application; produce professional research reports
- Effectively collaborate with product managers, researchers, project team members, and other stakeholders to understand product vision and customer needs while validating designs through testing and customer feedback
- Deliver effective presentations of ideas and concepts to small project teams
- Responsible for ensuring that all security, availability, confidentiality and privacy policies and controls are adhered to
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Interaction Design, HCI, Psychology, Graphic Design, or related field plus 8 years of professional experience in UX Design, or a comparable amount of work experience. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Experience with transactional workflows and data visualization, financial wellness experience preferred
- Experience designing for mobile and tablet applications, both native apps and responsive web applications
- Ability to collaborate well with teammates in multiple roles and lead small projects
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, including generative research for unmet product needs while supporting feature development within the Scrum team
- Passion for details while displaying a strong bias towards action.
- Understanding of industry design systems and guidelines, including iOS and Android, as well as best-in-practice web applications and UI design trends
- Visual design and knowledge of the software development lifecycle, including agile scrum, strongly preferred
- Strong foundation in prototyping and wireframing tools (such as Sketch, Axure, and InVision)
- Solid understanding of information architecture tools and techniques, including site maps, concept maps, and process flows
- Strong foundation in usability best practices and user research
- Knowledge of accessibility best practices
- Strong attention to detail, with an aesthetic sensibility that requires minimal art direction
- Highly professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven observational and listening skills; ability to recognize user experience needs and convert into product design