We're a lean and fast-moving Techstars startup (Chicago '17) founded by a team of night-hackers and experts in Artificial Intelligence, with a vision to empower everyone to maximize their productivity using Virtual Reality. Our goal is to immerse distributed teams into a VR workplace so that they can have access to their office and team from anywhere. This is by no means an easy problem to solve, but with the world's best team, we're excited to revolutionize the future of work!
At Immersed, the product is at our core and drives our business. Design and Engineering own product, and work together synergistically to deliver complex software elegantly.
We’re always looking for self-motivated product and visual designers who understand great design is more than how a product looks or feels.
We believe great design helps people solve their problems, accomplish their goals, and brings delight to their everyday lives. We also believe a well-executed design strategy touches every part of the company, from our employee handbook to our in-VR application interactions.
The Senior UX Designer/Researcher will use usability tools and research methods to design and conduct qualitative and quantitative studies in order to understand users and improve product usability and usefulness. The candidate will work closely with other designers, product managers, and engineers to identify and prioritize research opportunities and approaches. Responsibilities include designing and conducting studies, analyzing and reporting results, providing recommendations, and creating.
If you believe the same, we should talk!
We're looking for someone who:
• is obsessed with the customer's psyche
• has a great eye for innovative effective material design
• has a collaborative mindset, recognizing that most great outcomes are accomplished by teams, not individuals
• is extremely proactive, resourceful, and constantly learning
• is hungry to produce excellent work, and has a love for the craft of design
• believes that 'good' is the enemy of 'great'
Must be very willing to help co-workers and be sacrificial with time. Our work-culture is very much like a warm family, not a cold office.
• Is well versed in the UX design process
• Understands how to communicate the customer journey (personas, user scenarios, sketches, process maps, wireframes, etc.)
• Experience in: user research, wireframing, interaction flows, visual design, and prototyping at all fidelities
• Proficiency with Sketch, InVision, or other prototyping tools
• Proficiency with Photoshop, Illustrator, or other design tools
• Love the process (ideating, testing, building and iterating) of bringing digital products into the world
• Effectively communicate and support your designs and decisions
• Work under pressure and deliver results with multiple stakeholders
• Good written and communication skills (English)
• Entrepreneurial mindset or small startup experience
• Experience with developing XR (VR/AR) UI/UX design
• Proven ability to create landing pages with high conversion rates, without sacrificing great design
• Experience with marketing to customers
• Salary: $75k - $100k
• Equity: $75k - $150k (at current valuation, which grows over time)
• Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision
• A link to your portfolio and work you’ve done
• A link to your Dribbble profile, if you have one
NOTE: We do not work with external recruiters, agencies, or development shops.