Realtor.com®, a leading online destination for real estate services, has acquired Avail. This role will align with the Avail team, the newest addition to the realtor.com® network. Avail offers a software platform with a complete set of tools, guidance, and best in class educational content providing landlords with everything they need to be confident and professional.
At Avail (Part of The Realtor.com Network) we believe in putting the user first in our products. You’ll be part of a team delivering designs that delight and inspire while maintaining and improving our brand and product design systems. You’ll collaborate closely with the product team and cross-functional teams to help evolve the product that landlords and tenants love using. You’ll be responsible for leading specific projects defined by our product roadmap. You’ll bring a solid understanding of design principles and the design process to projects you’re responsible for overseeing from conception to completion.
What will you do?
- Gather stakeholder feedback to define a specific problem statement for each piece of work
- Lead product discovery and research to determine what users are wanting from each service
- Leverage strong analytical and problem-solving skills to identify and deliver actionable insights
- Prototype accessible and beautiful UI using industry and company best practices surrounding type, components, and layout
- Understand and anticipate user needs while designing process flows that simplify the user experience
- Define key success factors and monitor them to determine an iterative approach
- Work with a defined and transparent SDLC process that includes, scope definition, research, artifact creation, iteration and testing, quality assurance, and production monitoring
What will you bring?
- You have 5+ years as a product / UX designer
- You have an in-depth understanding of UX best practices, the ability to define and think through user problems, and mock-up simple, enjoyable solutions
- You are self-motivated and efficient. You can take charge of a discovery process and help the team get to actionable insights that drive growth and conversion
- You have experience leading design thinking among teams
- You’ve worked collaboratively with engineers and product stakeholders in production environments
- You have a mastery of a wide set of design tools such as Figma, Sketch, and Invision, research tools, and moderated testing software
- You have a deep understanding of analytics tools and experience using data to drive design decisions
- You have knowledge of research best practices and the ability to choose the best methodology for each project based on constraints, with experience crafting results-driven surveys and user studies
- You have excellent writing skills. Can demonstrate action-driven UI copy, and have an eye for detail
- You have a portfolio demonstrating a wealth of simple intuitive user-centered design
Nice to Haves:
- Familiarity building design systems
- Familiarity or experience with front-end development. HTML, CSS, JS (React)
- Understanding of WCAG compliance and the ability to run accessibility audits
Experience running remote user research
- PropTech, Two-sided marketplace, or SaaS experience
This is a full-time position that could be based in Chicago, IL or in one of our offices for the right candidate.
At realtor.com®, we believe that everyone deserves a home of their own. We’re a community of nearly 2,000 employees that work hard to ensure that from the moment someone starts dreaming about a new home, to the moment they walk in the door and beyond, we’re there to lend a helping hand. Every month, 70 million people trust us with their journey home by visiting our site and mobile apps, and we’d love to have you join our team to help.
We’ve got great offices across Canada and the US and lots of sweet jobs to choose from, so we’re hoping you’ll join us on our journey to make home buying and selling easier, and more rewarding for everyone.
Let’s make a difference, together. For Real.