BlackLocus is an innovation lab operating within The Home Depot, the top home improvement retailer in the world. To stay ahead of the curve, The Home Depot is making a substantial investment in data science, innovation, technology, and design. BlackLocus is contributing to this initiative by providing analytical tools to optimize and automate pricing, assortment, and product info by applying machine learning and revenue management techniques.
BlackLocus is a small collaborative environment where everyone is excited to work together every day. We are located in downtown Austin in an open space designed for collaboration, comfort, and productivity. We have a culture of learning providing 10% research time. We value diverse perspectives and strive to be an inclusive, safe environment. And finally, we love to have fun and celebrate together! If this sounds like something you are looking for, we can't wait to hear from you.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Sr. UX Product Designer to work on challenging enterprise problems within an innovative start-up environment. An entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for building new products is a must. We are looking for a self-motivated individual who can both take direction but also run with your own ideas and get things done. You are comfortable operating in both technical and business environments. You’ll work with a diverse, interdisciplinary team of engineers, data science, and product designers, as well as business users. In the end you’ll solve important business problems by building and delivering impactful business applications for The Home Depot.
- Create and communicate a product vision
- Work with PM to translate vision into requirements and set success benchmarks and metrics.
- Translate concepts and requirements into wireframes and mockups that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Facilitate client’s product visions by researching, conceiving, wireframing, sketching, prototyping, and mocking up user experiences for digital products.
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Shepard designs through the sprint and development process by collaborating with other team members and stakeholders.
- 3 years of professional UX experience
- Previous project experience in a retail environment or advertising agency
- Demonstrated user experience design skills with expert knowledge of current design programs
- Understanding of browser display differences on different platforms
- Demonstrated experience in designing creative and web pages for e-commerce websites
- Excellent work-life balance
- Comprehensive benefit package
- Competitive base and bonus package
- Generous PTO policy
- 401(k) eligible for matching company contribution after one year
- Restricted stock grants and Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Stocked kitchen with healthy snacks, tons of drinks, and an espresso maker
- Lots of team events including weekly catered lunches, happy hours, and other fun outings
- Located in the heart of downtown Austin with garage parking provided
- The Home Depot is an Equal Opportunity Employer
LEGAL DISCLAIMER: BlackLocus and The Home Depot are Equal Opportunity/M/F/Vet/Disabled Employers. Available positions may vary by location. Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. ©2005-2018 Home Depot Product Authority, LLC. All rights reserved. Know your rights. Click here to view Federal labor law posters.