Senior UX Researcher
InMotion Software is a full-service design & development company focused on creating handcrafted data-driven web, mobile and cloud-based applications that engage customers and move business forward.Our superpower is taking concepts, ideas and proposed business outcomes and converting them into digital products 120 - 150 days later.
We are expanding our team and looking for a talented user experience researcher with a curious mind and passion for improving user experiences to join us.
- Work alongside smart, talented people who will push you and help you grow
- Work for pretty amazing customers, including Retail, Brand, Education, Finance and Technology giants
- The autonomy to make decisions to help grow our InMotion team in both breadth and depth
- A great work environment and health benefits
Who You Are
- You take pride in your research and love to see the findings pumped back into the design. You are fascinated by how people work, you love talking to users to discover their needs and you have the skills to transform your findings into actionable items.
- You are comfortable working from the beginning stages of a project to completing post release evaluations. You can jump into a project and create a research plan based on its needs as well as swiftly revise and improvise research plans as needed.
- On top of being a savvy, skilled researcher, you are also an excellent communicator. You are comfortable working in cross-functional teams and can share your insights in a tangible form with stakeholders and various levels of management.
- You care about the impact your work makes. At InMotion Software you will have the opportunity to work on software products used by millions of people, meaning that your input in creating delightful and usable experiences can have a significant effect on people's lives and their use of technology.
What You'll Do
- Work with product managers, designers, customers and other stakeholders to identify research needs on a variety of projects
- Design and execute research studies that span the entire product development process, varying in approach, scale, scope, timeframe and methodology
- Prioritize a list of actionable outcomes and follow through on insights, ensuring they result in product design improvements, changed product priorities and/or roadmap enhancements
- 5+ years of experience in user research with an emphasis on research related to software and digital experiences
- A solid track record for driving comprehensive user research programs, including researching user needs throughout the entire product development process, and informing the product direction and strategy
- Strong understanding of strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase
- Ability to work well with cross-functional teams, including project managers, developers, designers and stakeholders
- Ability to think strategically and develop novel approaches to research challenges
- Applicants must be living in Austin, TX and willing to travel up to 10%