Senior UX / UI Designer at Literati
At Literati, we believe in the power of great books. We’re on a mission to ignite a love of learning and a love of life by curating transformative literary experiences for every reader: anyone who dreams, anyone who wonders, of any age. There are some stories no child should live without and no adult should ever forget.
Literati is the fastest growing company in Arts + Literature in the United States, and the #5 fastest growing company in Texas. Launching an innovative try-before-you-buy print book club for Kids in 2017, the company expanded in 2020 into hosting print and digital book clubs for the world's top authors, celebrities and brands. Clients include: Sir Richard Branson, Stephen Curry, Malala, Susan Orlean, Jesmyn Ward, Cheryl Strayed, Elin Hilderbrand, Roxane Gay, and Austin Kleon. Lovingly referred to as Austin's "fiction factory" the company curates and fulfills over a million books per quarter.Job Description
We are looking for a talented, down-to-earth UI/UX Designer to work both on our website and customer experience. This is a startup: You’ll enjoy donning many hats and work closely with our Creative, Marketing and Growth leadership. You have strong design chops. You enjoy thinking deeply on design decisions that are effective at scale. You have an impeccable design sense, and a keen eye for detail and craft. Collaboration is in your DNA, but you aren’t afraid to prioritize, provide feedback, make decisions, and communicate. You’ll come in and make an immediate impact on our Growth team, and play a large role in representing our brand visually as a whole.Qualifications
WE’RE GOOD AT:
Bringing the fire. We are a startup, with all the fierce dedication and sparkling energy to accomplish great feats. Iron sharpens iron, and so we’ve refined our teams from only the strongest metals: open minds, bright ideas, and bold determination.
YOU’RE GOOD AT:
- A Designer. You have an impeccable design sense and a keen eye for detail and craft.
- Passionate. Designing global products that are intuitive and bring joy and value to consumers’ lives floats your boat.
- Empathetic. You understand your customer’s needs, then skillfully translate them into specific interaction and UI designs.
- Adaptable. You thrive on informed iteration in order to design experiences that work and at scale.
- A Creator. Building elegant solutions for a beautiful customer experience is in your genes.
- Tool Agnostic. Sure you have preferences in order to be efficient, but you care more about what you're making than what you're using to make it.
- A Collaborator. It’s in your DNA, but you aren’t afraid to prioritize, make decisions, and communicate with authority.
- A Communicator. You understand the importance of being able to both brainstorms with the wider team as well as articulate your individual design decisions.
- Bookish. You live for the infinite ways in which books are a mirror for our humanity.
YOU WILL NEED:
- Strong design chops, deep product understanding, and acute customer empathy
- 3+ years of experience in an individual contributor role, on a Product Design team for desktop or mobile.
- A record of applying your design skills to create product and business impact.
- Ability to work with internal and external stakeholders to understand detailed requirements and design a complete product design that meets product needs and vision.
- Ability to develop simple and delightful design solutions to complex communication problems.
- Previous eCommerce Mobile and Web design experience preferred.
- Bonus: You’ve had experience building design systems or UI kits for digital products
YOUR DAY-TO-DAY WILL LOOK LIKE:
- Work cross-functionally with Creative, Engineering, and Product on design needs throughout the different phases of our product.
- Collaborate closely with Creative and Product leadership to define new features and refine existing ones.
- Leverage and evolve our growing design system in order to design flows, prototypes, sketches, and hi-fidelity visuals for web and mobile.
- Contribute in often rapid and impactful research across our customer lifecycle.
- Support your design work using all available insights including quantitative data and site metrics, customer feedback, and usability findings.
- Provide innovative, customer-centric, information and interaction design recommendations that contribute to an enhanced user experience.
- Always advocate for the users' needs, and be able to tell our brand story through your work.
We seek people with drive and a touch of alchemy—and if that sounds like you, you should join us. Even if your experience isn’t a precise match for the role, passion and prowess will always win the day in our book. And if your career has taken you to some spectacular (or spectacularly strange) places? We love a good story.
At Literati, we value the power of reading for all: anyone who dreams, anyone who wonders, anyone of any age, from any background. We are dedicated to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness that sees, reflects, welcomes, and celebrates the innovation and talent of a diverse array of people.